Am I doing this right?

Options
I started Keto about 3 weeks ago and I feel great. I have energy and my mood is fantastic. By the end of week 2 I lost 10 lbs. I'm finding my scale is going up and down by a pound or two every day. I assume the 10 lbs is water weight.
What is everybody's experience with keto? I heard that when you have a lot to lose like myself, the weight comes off fairly fast.
I am exercising daily, but I don't always log it. I usually do a video (T25) or walk or Zumba.
Advice on how to turbo charge my weight loss? How my diary looking? I can be patient but I want to make sure I am on the right track :)

Replies

• mccandlessmom
    mccandlessmom Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I only went back a few days on your diary, and other than your protein being a bit low, everything looks great to me. I'm by no means an expert, though. I'm glad to see you are eating real food, rather that prepackaged "low-carb" lies some people fall for.

I have heard, and experienced this myself, that weeks 3 and 4 of keto are notorious for weight stalling. Also, I stalled for 2 weeks solid before my period came. I was going crazy, not knowing what was going on. I, too, have a lot of weight to lose and thought it would come off fast. I guess everybody's bodies are different and lost at different rates. As long as you keep up the good work, you will see results. I have heard of some people stalling for 4 months or more. Doesn't that sound fun?!?!?!

There is a great thread somewhere on this forum that talks about realistic weight loss that you may find encouraging. I know I did.
  • Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Options
    I just looked at your diary, not sure if you want to be in ketosis or just go low carb. But looking at the diary, you are not eating enough fat compared to protein. I doubt if you are in ketosis with the macro ratio of your diet. When did you start T25 or zumba, some times your body retains water if you are regularly doing strenuous exercise. Measure the inches, you might be losing fat and retaining water.
  • amindyleigh
    amindyleigh Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I just looked at your diary, not sure if you want to be in ketosis or just go low carb. But looking at the diary, you are not eating enough fat compared to protein. I doubt if you are in ketosis with the macro ratio of your diet. When did you start T25 or zumba, some times your body retains water if you are regularly doing strenuous exercise. Measure the inches, you might be losing fat and retaining water.

I did confirm ketosis with the sticks. I test every couple days. I haven't measured though, maybe I will be surprised!
  • amindyleigh
    amindyleigh Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I think I'll just wait it out. I've been at 65-30-5 almost daily so hopefully weight will start dropping!