55 yr old New to Group, not to Lifting

Options
Hello,
I am 55 and seeking to interact with other women (especially over 50) who lift on a regular basis. When purchasing NroI4WI, I was excited to find this group. I have been a MFP user for awhile now.
I started lifting with a group about 4 years ago was not seeing the results I wanted. For the last 15 months I have been working out with a personal trainer and what a difference! I am seeing great results with lower and upper body, but the middle is slow to come. Many will blame it on midlife, but I see too many women my age who have attained that curvy waist of years ago!

My current stats:
183 lbs, goal 155
5'6"
Weight train 1hr - 3x week
Off days - Misc Cardio

My goals are:
Be strong, lean and healthy
To complete a triathlon
Look strong, sexy and female when riding!

I welcome any women with similar goals to contact / friend me so that we can support each other in this strong journey.
Suzanne, CA Northern Sierra Foothills

Replies

• glreim21
    glreim21 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to drop in and say...wow...you are an inspiring woman. I have no doubt you will achieve your goals:)
  • Pmagnanifit
    Pmagnanifit Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Welcome.
    I am forty-one but I've had some trouble with chronic pain that affected my fitness for the last two years. I am getting better and hoping I will be able to do a tri this summer. I just started biking again and I plan to increase slowly. Lifting has really helped over the last year. So I would be happy to be a friend
    The chat thread is the most active around here- check it out
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    I am 53 and tomorrow I will do Stage 1, workout A-7. Yes, we older women are out here doing it, too! You have wonderful goals!