Please Look At My Menu For Tomorrow

Options
Hi there, I have a lot of weight to lose and have decided to go with the keto approach. Can you please take a look at my food diary for tomorrow and let me know if there's anything I should change? My diary is blank because I'm fasting today.

Also, I work nights and sometimes have random hours, so that's why I have it as meal one and two. I want to start working out, starting with light walking and swimming, but I don't want to do anything too intense to start.

I know fruit is usually totally nixed on keto/LC in general, but I figured the berries could calm my sweet tooth in the morning.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Options
    Too much protein and less fat. Try to get the ratio 80,15,5 in calories or 65-25-10 in grams. Also you are eating too little, need to have more than 1100 cals.
  • zentha1384
    zentha1384 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I agree you are eating too little calories. Until you know what works for you, you may want to lower yourself to 20 carbs and stabilize then slowly increase until you know what your limit is. Look at "Fat Bombs" to help macros and calories.

Either you should add everything as net carbs or nothing. If you do nothing either get the Chrome add in to calculate net carbs. or add fiber to you diary and subtact them yourself.

If you mix you will not calculate your net carbs correctly. For example look at your berries.

EDIT: Feel free to add me if you want another diary to look at (although I am not following the typical ratios)
  • crepes_
    crepes_ Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Menu looks good. I think your calories are fine at 1,138. You have wiggle room for later in case you get hungry and don't stick entirely to the planned day. Your macros look good, too, although I'd advise setting your goals to the standard 5% carbs rather than 10%. You can stick the extra 5% onto fat or protein.

Right now, with your plan, you'd be eating 9% carbs, 26% protein, and 65% fat. I think that's pretty good. Net carbs of the day would be 25g. Maybe limit the berries for the first couple of days, but it's really not a necessity.
  • zentha1384
    zentha1384 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Right now, with your plan, you'd be eating 9% carbs, 26% protein, and 65% fat. I think that's pretty good. Net carbs of the day would be 25g. Maybe limit the berries for the first couple of days, but it's really not a necessity.

Because she uses "Net Carb" Berries her net carbs aren't 25, that is taking the fiber from the berries out twice.
  • crepes_
    crepes_ Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    OP, either ALWAYS use the "net carb" food item in the search feature, or NEVER do. It messes up your count and makes it difficult to keep accurate.

http://cavemanketo.com/configuring-mfp/ - follow these steps to set yourself up with a keto friendly diary, and find the script that makes everything a heck of a lot easier.