Working through soreness stage 1, day 2

Options
lavendy17
lavendy17 Posts: 309 Member
Hi group!
I'm happy to join. I read the book and am excited and motivated! Yesterday was my first workout and tomorrow is my second time. I am quite sore as expected (very sore, actually) and wanted to double check that it's okay to workout tomorrow even though I am sore rather than let my muscles another day to recover.
Thanks so much!

Replies

• Yanks1996
    Yanks1996 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I'm also in stage 1 and am no expert, but I usually try to work out every other day even if I'm sore. Usually once I start moving the soreness goes away. Other times it doesn't. Last week my shoulders were so sore that I had to lower the weights I was using for the shoulder presses, but I still got through it. It all depends on how you're feeling.
  • lavendy17
    Options
    Thanks!
    I wanted to make sure I am not doing something that is detrimental. I am really excited about the program, and looking forward to my workout!

So, thanks for chiming in with your experience and setting my mind at ease.
  • terrie_k
    terrie_k Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    As long as it is "sore" and not "injured" then go for it. If I remember, it took me about 2 weeks before I wasn't feeling the major DOMS after workouts (mostly in legs).
  • lavendy17
    Options
    What is DOMS?
    Thanks!
  • whizzlers
    whizzlers Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I can sympathise! I am feeling exactly the same, have been walking everyday to try and ease it and it has helped! xx
  • terrie_k
    terrie_k Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    DOMS - delayed onset muscle soreness. You may see that word pop up from time to time on here.

I was sore first two weeks of stage 1 then fine. Just started stage 2 and sore again after first workout, but the good kind if sore.