Fiber Supplements

Options
If I take fiber supplements (psyllium/prune non digestible carb - total 25g of fiber daily), should I log it? Would it count towards lowering my net carbs?
I feel like I don't want to eat more carbs or get a false sense of what my net carbs are. Should I just stick to counting my net carbs from food alone?
Thoughts?

Replies

• crepes_
    crepes_ Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    You cannot "cancel out" carbs that you have eaten earlier in the day by taking fiber supplements if that's what you're asking. I would still log it to have a reliable database of your food/supplement intake showing you how much fiber you've been having regularly, but it's not going to do anything to the net carb count that you have from food.

Fiber supplements should have information in both total carbs and fiber. You do the same as you would with food by subtracting fiber from the total carbs. Only difference here, is that both numbers are the same, since it's entirely fiber, effectively making psyllium husk carb-free. This doesn't mean that is has a negative carb count, though.

Hope I understood what you were asking well enough!
  • 195to135
    195to135 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Log them they will still have calories and just subtract the total fiber count from your total carb count the same as you would with anything else to figure out your daily net carbs