active

Options
lets keep this group active.. supporting each other everyday practicing self care and loving our self is whats needed. lets stay in touch with each other.. lets motivate. lets share good times , bad times, struggles.. you dont have to stay still have something to say. go for it.

Replies

• 33Freya
    33Freya Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Active, yes!!

So I have been working on gaining muscle, which is a crazy different mindset than the "need to lose weight" one that I have had for so many years. I eat SO much more than I used to, and I'm seeing a loss of .5 to 1lb per week because I'm still at a small deficit. The difference is eating to hit macros vs. only concentrating on calories- the short version includes upping my protein intake immensely!!

I am working out 6 days per week at the gym, lifting in "splits" (different parts of the body every day), and now just starting to add in cardio to begin "cutting" the fat more.

Here's to fitness and health!!
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    FitnFeistyLyness Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    love it.. i so wish i could lift. someday i will do weights when I figure out my RA.

im focusing on how my body feels. im leaving the scale alone for a month.. going to focus on the power of 3.. i know it works.
  • adcede19
    Options
    Great choice, Lynetta! I'm thinking of doing the same thing. My fiance has apprehended me and told me that I should trust my knowledge of what to do to be healthy. I'm a math person, so I'd love it if the more calories you burn was directly proportional to your weight, but weight has many more factors than that. All we know reliably is that if you do the right things, you will lose weight in the end.

The most I've been active lately is snow shoveling and running in place when I'm outside. I can't do my favorite activities in this weather. I'll make up for it in the summer.