can't get in enough calories without going over carbs

Options
Okay so I'm new to this and my problem is I'm trying very hard to take in 1200 a day which is a struggle but am doing better by getting closer problem is that the closer I get to 1200 calories I go over in carbs and protein and just can't seem to balance it out.What meats and veggies are high in calories but low in carbs?

Replies

• timwhoa
    timwhoa Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    chow down on a large T-Bone steak, or a large Rib Eye steak, you will get 1200 calories in just one meal,, or eat a few ounces of Chesse with a Cup of Coffee with 2 or 3 tablespoons of heavy cream , that will get you to 1200 really fast. or have a few eggs with some grated cheese and a few slices of bacon, that will get you to 1200 really fast, and ALL of those things i just mentioned will keep you way under 20 grams of carb per day, everything just mentioned is all allowed foods in unlimited quantities on the atkins diet
  • MelRC117
    MelRC117 Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Basically what Tim said. Eat ground beef, steak, or bacon to boost your calorie count without boosting carbs. Cheese is also high fat, lower carb (usually I see them at 1-2g of carbs per serving.
  • lisanume
    lisanume Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I am on Day 4 of "induction" for Atkins. So far I have only had a slight headache......... a few cravings.... OK A LOT , but they are getting way better!
    I have noticed already I am not feeling and looking AS bloated. NO SODA! UGGH.....

My concern is I run 3-5 miles a day, do 30 mins of circuit, or Kettlbell, or weigh training. I find that I do not get even close to calories. BUT, I am also not hungry.
    I have been using some of the atkins snack and shake products but prefer to cook my own meals.... I am concerned about sodium......