NPC tanning question

Options
nikita1908
nikita1908 Posts: 22 Member
Hey ladies! For those of you who have competed in NPC shows, what do you suggest as far as tanning? The onsite spray tan (which can be quite expensive) OR a DIY tan using a suggested tanning product? If you suggest a DIY tan, which would you suggest? My first show was done here in Germany so I was able to use Dream Tan and it worked very well. I've heard some NPC shows won't allow that. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks.

Replies

• Temple_Fit
    Temple_Fit Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I have yet to compete, however, after seeing competitors look like uneven, dull, or gray, not to mention the girl who showed up looking like the Incredible Hulk (green), and talking w/ my girlfriend who is an NPC competitor she strongly recommends the onsite spray tan.
  • nikita1908
    nikita1908 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Yeah that's what I was thinking. I was trying to cut costs a bit but I don't want to pick the wrong color and look a hot mess on show day. lol Thanks for the response!
  • Sarah4fitness
    Sarah4fitness Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I'd go with onsite, for best results. I've also heard good things about Jan Tana and Protan, if you want to do it yourself.
  • roesterle
    roesterle Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I did two competitions in August and September of 2012 and did a self tanner using JanTana Ultimate bronzer. We did one application the afternoon the day before the competition and two applications the morning of the competition. I thought it looked great.