TDEE folks

Options
sleepyjen
sleepyjen Posts: 679 Member
Hi all,

Since I've had to stop NROLW for a bit while my knee heals, I've gone back to just using MFP calorie calculations, which means I'm netting 1200 a day. I'm often hungry and am very conscious of the back and forth conversation of the dangers of eating that long term, though that's not my plan. I've added some upper body lifting, having been doing some cardio a few days a week (walking, boring elliptical) and god knows I've done more than enough shoveling. I've just been eating back cardio calories per the usual and giving myself a 300 calorie bump on lifting days.

I am thinking, though, about either a) just returning to the NROLW numbers that I've calculated using that set of logging spreadsheets, which gives me 1475 on non-workout days and 1775 or so on workout days or b) using TDEE -15% or so, so I don't have to think about different numbers on any given day of the week. Problem is, when I've used those calculators the #s are all over the map. Do you guys find one in particular to be accurate? fitness frog and scooby's give me the same TDEE of 2085; iiyfm, 1786. Clearly I prefer the first two :)

Thanks for any input you have!
J.

Replies

• rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    I use Scooby's to calculate my TDEE. I honestly would just pick one. IIFYM and Scooby is way off for me as well. But I have been following Scooby for about a year now with my calorie deficit, and slowly but surely it is coming off.

Just pick whatever one you feel comfortable with.
  • sleepyjen
    sleepyjen Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    For the meantime I've split the difference and subtracted 15%. I hate not putting in cals for exercise--such a silly psychological game! :)