medication for binge eating disorder?

Options
hi..so i just realized within the last few months that i have binge eating disorder. i've been a yo-yo dieter for almost ten years now (since i was 18), and i've been off and on low doses of diet pills (phendimetrazine) for many years while under the care of a doctor.

i've never been severely overweight (at the most, maybe 40 pounds) but its been a very rocky road nonetheless.

i feel that my extreme ups and downs (low carb, followed by high carb binging followed by fasting, etc) brought this disorder on. combine that with intermittent use of diet pills, an addiction to diet soda AND PCOS/hormone/insulin issues..and basically i'm a mess!

i dont want to depend on medication to cure myself...but i have a phone called scheduled with my doctor on sunday and i'm thinking of asking him to recommend some kind of anti-depressant or anti-anxiety medicine. my hopes are that i can keep myself calm , happy and stable for a few months while i rebuild a healthy relationship with food. any thoughts on this? has anyone had success with a particular medication?

again, i know pills are not the answer, but i have an amazing life and im very happy! i do not believe my binging is emotionally triggered: i feel like i have a physical addiction i cant break without help :(

thanks in advance!