Looking for Breastfeeding mom who wants to loose weight

Options
Hi all,

I am looking for a friend who is breastfeeding mom and wanted to shred weight .
I am breast feeding mother of 5 months old baby.Really wanted to loose weight .
My present weight 177 lbs with height 5.3".
I am planning to start Jillian's 30 days shred workout and 2 Mile walk of Leslie sansonate
Please motivate me to loose weight .

Thanks
Suni

Replies

• 123stefania
    123stefania Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am in the same situation my son is 5 months old. I'm breastfeeding but I have started some cereals once a day since Monday.
    I'm 5'6, 203 lbs and I really want to loose my extra extraaaa fat!!!!!

We can do it!!!!
    Log everything honestly and you will realize when and where and why....you eat the way you eat... it was a shock for me....but I was in denial 100%

Good luck, I'am adding you, ciaoo:happy: :wink:
  • jessoverbeyarnold
    jessoverbeyarnold Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm a breastfeeding Momma also. Just rememeber not to cut back to much on your calorie intake as that will make your supply dip. Just make healthy choices and you'll get to where you want to be. Good luck.
  • saraha1010
    saraha1010 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies. I am in the same boat! I am not cutting too many calories but instead trying make better food choices and walking a lot! I have a lot to lose but I am not trying to focus on the big number right now but instead just getting healthy while I am breastfeeding. Once I stop breastfeeding I will cut more calories. We can do it ladies! I am so glad to have a group of women that are going through the same thing.:smile:
  • joysyear
    joysyear Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies I'm in the same boat my son is almost 6 months old now and I'm ready to start losing this weight I'm 5"5" and 196lbs. Not sure how many calories im going to cut but i'm quitting sugar for the next three months and I'm going to try and workout 6 days a week. please add me to your groups
  • CatloverNYC
    Options
    Hi ladies,
    I'm joining the party! My daughter is 3.5 months and I recently stopped losing weight without trying, so it's time to keep this going with some effort. I wouldn't say I'm cutting calories so much as watching to make sure I don't binge or overeat. Some days that is hard to do, when I feel stuck in a chair with a constantly nursing or lightly sleeping baby and I want some comfort and love to bake. So, looking for some encouragement to help me make smart food choices!

Good luck ladies, we can do this!

Cheers,
    Holly
  • jennapoole
    jennapoole Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join! My little guy is 11 weeks and 3 days. My weight loss halted around 6 weeks. I have 15 lbs to go and just recently started working out a little mor; I also have a herniated disk that im nursing as well. I live in a community where I don't really know anyone so that makes it hard to get out and meet people. Im not so much cutting calories but watching what I eat more and cutting down on the snacking more than anything. I like MFP for the free app but find it hard to do everyday with an infant to take care of.
  • minkymou
    minkymou Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi. Can I join you ladies? I have an 8 week old and I'm exclusively breast feeding whilst trying to lose weight and not affect my supply......it's daunting! Would appreciate the support and MFP friends.
  • Katie986532
    Options
    HI everyone! I have an 8 week old baby boy that is exclusively breastfed. I'm a stay at home mom with a busy 2 1/2 year old girl that has a busy social calender. I am the heaviest I have ever been and while I'm loving everything I have going on with my 2 little ones in the back on my mind I am just so embarrassed of my weight. Its even beginning to affect my relationship with my husband ( he says he doesn't even notice but I know its impossible to miss). Enough of the whining I'm ready to have a healthier life style! I am 29 years old 5'5 and 212 lbs. Based on what I have read online I'm going to add an extra 400 calories to my calorie counting diet. I plan on breastfeeding for at least a year if not longer so I don't want to mess with my supply. Does anyone have any advice or is there anything I should avoid doing? I plan on taking a zumba class starting next week to help to shed some weight too. :smile:
  • HEATHERB500
    HEATHERB500 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hello
    My baby is 2 weeks old and I am exclusively breastfeeding as well. I know about the 500 cal extra thing, but does anyone know if there is a net cal limit to keep up our milk supply and what it is. I'm going to research online and I will let you know if I find out.
  • bsmith101112
    bsmith101112 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I would love to make more friends too! I am currently nursing my almost 5 month old and am always looking for more encouragement!
  • ryblueeyes
    ryblueeyes Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I would love to make more friends too! I am currently nursing my almost 5 month old and am always looking for more encouragement!

Same here! LO is seven months :)
  • smknitter
    smknitter Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    You ladies are inspiring. My LO is three months tomorrow and I started logging this week. Hopefully I will begin adding work outs this coming week. Thanks for letting me friend you.
  • ML0305
    ML0305 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Hey! My son will be 5 months next week and I plan on working on losing weight. I have started JM 30 Day Shred and plan on doing it 3x a week. Also plan on incorporating walks on my rest days. Feel free to join me. Sending request :flowerforyou:
  • sammanthahulkoff
    sammanthahulkoff Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    breastfeeding mom here to a 7 week old little boy
    looking for some friends to help keep me motivated. since coming home i have cleaned up my eating and make sure that i get healthy fats ect...also chasing around a 2 1/2 year old daughter and taking daily walks and now that its summer we have been playing in our pool. im losing about a pound a week. trying not to work out to much or cut to many calories so i can maintain my milk supply
  • mdelynn01
    mdelynn01 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Hi I am exclusively feeding/pumping for my 2 month old son. I have 40 lbs to go. Feel free to add me. I love my fitness pal.
  • newmommy2714
    newmommy2714 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm EBF my 5 month old son. I have 10 pounds to get to my pre-pregnancy weight, and probably 15 to my goal. Feel free to add me!
  • sweet_brownsugr
    sweet_brownsugr Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm breastfeeding a very hungry 7 month old boy! He has started nibbling on solids (mostly tasting - not nearly enough to be considered nutritious). I thought that my weight would shed right off while breastfeeding but it didn't happen due to my never satisfied appetite.

I started yo-yoing....Lost 20lbs, gained 10, lost another 5, gained another 10. I had gotten down to 208...then started eating everything in sight and a few months later, I am not back to 230lbs!!!!!! And boy am I embarrassed!

I've vowed that from this day forward, I am rededicating myself to myself. I am no longer going to "run out of time" for my exercise and I am not going to eat crappy anymore! This winter, I am buying a new wardrobe...and it will NOT be a plus sized one! I want to lose approx. 45lbs.

Let's keep each other motivated!!!!!
  • kitka82
    kitka82 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am nursing a 5 month old. My goals are to clean up my diet and start working out. I plan to use Fitness Blender videos 3-4 times a week, and to walk as much as possible.
  • jacklynlivingston929
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm also a breastfeeding mom. I have a 3.5 year old, 2 year old and a 3 week old newborn baby so things are busy around here! I have 18lbs to lose in order to get back to my prepregnancy weight and 28lbs to get back to my goal weight. My baby nurses every 1.5-3 hours, 24 hours a day, so I need to make sure I eat enough to keep the supply up. My goal is to eat 2000cal of really healthy foods, with a macro break down of 40% carbs, 30% protein and 30% fats. I also have been walking every day for an hour. Once I'm at 6weeks post partum I'll start weight training and running again. I have a half marathon coming up in November that I need to be ready for! I'd love for this weight to melt quickly, but seeing as how it's my third I'm guessing I better give it a pound a week. That's realistic right? I'd love to be friends with anyone! I'm going to need all the motivation I can get. We got this ladies!!
  • Mountaingirl33
    Mountaingirl33 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I’m also trying to lose while bfing newborn whose 3weeks and 2 days old. Feel free to add me! I have a three and five year old as well.