New Week Roll Call - How are we doing???

Options
ICarla
ICarla Posts: 200 Member
Morning folks! New week new goals new experiences. How are we doing? Are we kicking fat's butt yet? Are we runners yet? Don't make me send everyone an inbox to check up...because I will. Lol. Accountability is key!

I did "ok" this week. I slowed it down to turtle status and was able to make it through. The weather put a damper on something's but overall it was an ok week.

Replies

• Hearndt
    Hearndt Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    With a sick kid and a sick hubby and snow still covering the trails by my house I'm still hoping to get out and start week 2 today! We will see how everyone feels when the whole house is up...
  • clh126
    clh126 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Hey, just joined and am on week 5! Today was supposed to be week 5, day 2, but I got pink eye and my eyes were all crusty and disgusting this morning, so we'll be saving that run for tomorrow, lol
  • piercedee
    piercedee Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I finished week 6 today. A little late thanks to traveling but I got it done and that 22 minutes straight wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it might be. You all can do this!
  • bijoux79
    Options
    I finished week 6 today. A little late thanks to traveling but I got it done and that 22 minutes straight wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it might be. You all can do this!

way to go Hun, that's awesome
  • karenefwalsh
    karenefwalsh Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I need to get going - had some health issues that needed checking by a doctor, but she says I'm okay and good to go. With all of the snow shoveling, my legs have gotten quiet a workout - so I want to roll that into starting running again!
  • bijoux79
    Options
    well after really struggling a few days back to run for 20 mins...I managed it today. Onwards and upwards to bring it on !
  • melissamarah
    melissamarah Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow's W6D2 for me. I've been going at a snail's pace, but I've finished every one. Maybe it's because the only tattoo I have is a turtle... slow and steady.
  • iluvhorses1983
    iluvhorses1983 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I got all 3 runs in this week. Did week 5 day 3 on Saturday. I jogged the ENTIRE 20 minutes! so proud of myself. I stopped for like 10 seconds for water and crossing an intersection. Week 6 day 1 after work today! =)
  • clh126
    clh126 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Week 5 day 2 complete today, on to the 20 minute jog next!
  • Flacachica
    Flacachica Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I missed my Monday am run, so got it in later that afternoon before dinner. Same thing today... I'll have to squeeze it in later. The early morning alarm is tough!

I am on week 4 and finding it extremely difficult, which I think its what makes it harder to "bounce out of bed" and get on the treadmill. Weeks 1-3 weren't as hard, so I found it motivating to do it. Even going slow those 5 min intervals this week are killer for me. I chalk it up to being sick (I'm still fighting a cold/cough). I may repeat week 4 again, just so I get the hang of it.

But I will go on!!! And I try to remember.... even going at a turtle's speed, I'm still lapping everybody on the couch!!
  • tedsmama
    tedsmama Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Took last week off (had company in town and they slept till noon in the room with my treadmill) and restarted day before yesterday on W5 D1. TOTAL FAIL. No more time off. Period. Am going to do a redo today.....and I WILL FINISH.
  • melissamarah
    melissamarah Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Just finished Week 6! And that's the important part, not the fact that according to my Nike+ app, my jogging was actually slower than my walking.
  • bijoux79
    Options
    Just finished Week 6! And that's the important part, not the fact that according to my Nike+ app, my jogging was actually slower than my walking.

Pmsl...but hay you did it x
  • Momto4minions
    Momto4minions Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Had some ouch pain and took twoo weeks off. Going back to week three this week to ease back in.

Got to get my butt ready for spring runs!
  • Vorcha
    Vorcha Posts: 126
    Options
    Agh, doing week 3 again because I've been leaving too big of a delay between my gym sessions. My shins started to really really ache so I had a break, then I ran last Monday, did week 3 fine, legs felt fine, the run was amazing! Then I did the same week 3 run again on Wednesday and man did my poor legs ache during, I felt like I was going to throw up in the last 30 seconds of the three minutes. I don't know how long I can hide from the collosal 5 minutes of running in week 4, I'm scared.
  • tedsmama
    tedsmama Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    W5 D2 today and actually looking forward to it. I must be losing my mind. :laugh:
  • cofomostwanted
    cofomostwanted Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Completed Week 8 Day 1! It feels like pure torture but it is so worth the feeling after I am done!
  • ripzone13
    ripzone13 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Completed W5 D2 yesterday- went fantastic! Was crazy that it went so well. 20 min run tomorrow- skurry!! =)
  • newtonk520
    newtonk520 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm here! Late but still here! Having some hip trouble but still pursuing this moving slowly week 3 on the go. Signing up for my first 5 k for May 25th!
  • cofomostwanted
    cofomostwanted Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Week 8 Day 2 done. Only 4 more workouts until it is finished! Can't believe I've come this far.