Confused about calories

Options
lavendy17
lavendy17 Posts: 309 Member
I read the book section about calculating how much I need to eat during the program. I am 5"2 and 132lbs. I want to be at most 129, and wouldn't mind being 125 but I don't care all that much. (I feel great at 129 even though there's still a bit to grip- I am curvy.)

Anyway, the book says that on non-training days I need to eat 1950 calories, and on training days I think somewhere around 2200. Most TDEE calculators have me at around 1450.
This is a big difference. I have put down 1700, and don't force myself to reach that- yesterday I trained and only ate 1450.

I am very confused. I like to think I can eat 1700 a day, but don't want to be delusional.

Any thoughts?
Thanks!

Replies

• BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Are you calculating your maintenance cals or the 300 cal deficit? Some people find the calories are too high and some of us find them too low. It really depends upon your age and overall activity level. If you are sedentary other than lifting, it's probably a bit high. If you tend to move a lot otherwise, you may need more. I personally like Scoobys calculator much better than MFP or NROL4W- it gives a better explanation of the activity levels and you eat at a deficit of your TDEE: http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/