chic chat for weight lost

Options
CALIECAT
CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
Most of us are caters So lets chat about our foods.
My name is Marie and I love to chat. I am 83 years old and I love to eat all day long and night too.
I think limit myself to an 8 hour eaten plan may just work for me I had a protein Jay Robb banana shake at 10 AM this morning and for lunch a nice big cobb salad ...........My daughter took me out for lunch. dinner was a Atkins Mexican inner and pretty good. Of coursr I can not eat enough of Mexican food.now it is pass my allotted time. to eat. Lets see how I make it thru the night:drinker: :heart: :drinker:
Marie from Mesquite, Texas

Replies

• Mitzigan94
    Mitzigan94 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    HI, I'm glad that there is a new group for 8 hour diet. I was doing this for a week 2 months ago. And yep. Feel more energy on this. It helps me on discipline. Anyways, anybody here who's doing this? 'Cuz Right now, I'mma bout to do this again, 10am-6pm is my 8 hour time today. My diet consists of complex carbs like white rice, sometimes junk foods like chips. I still lose weight though. as long as I eat any kinds of food in moderation. and as long as I can fit em into my calorie goals
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Mitiz. Sorry to shortened your name. But it id just to hard for me to remember these long screen names. B ut glad to ,meet you
    yesterday Ws My ffirst day on this 8 hour diet. Work out pretty good
    had Breakfast o Jay Robb protein shake at 10 Am A cobb Salad at lunch , A atking TV mexican dinner at 6 P,m nothing after 6
    I did have to et up a lot for a potty break. tho Today I plan om starting my day at 9 AM12 Pm and 5 30 Pm I am a dialectic so am watching my carbs

hope to learn a lot from you girls See you both later
    marie from Mesquite Texas
  • Mitzigan94
    Options
    wow, thats great. Uhm, do u not feel thirsty while on 8 hour diet? The last I did it was only for a week. Today is like my first time of doing this again. After the 8 hour eating window I had to eat a menthol candyjust to soothe my feeling and I don't like the oily food left on my mouth from eating corned beef. Lol. Already brushed my teeth but, the taste just wont :go away. I wonder ilf I broke my fast already.:l I hope not.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Oh Boy mitiz Did you lose any weight that week? I don't know if this is for me But wont know till I try it.. No I was not thirsty yesterday But did Drink lots of water.
  • Mitzigan94
    Options
    yep, I did lost during that week. I remember I was at a plateau at 130 pounds during that time and my appetite sucks due to hormones(pms lol!). From what I remembered I've lost 1.5 pounds in 7 days. I'm pretty sure if I'm taller, I would have lost more weight. :-D
  • Mitzigan94
    Options
    OOpsie, I think I might not be doing the 8 hour diet. I am having pms lol,

My cravings. Uggh, Just had a 10pm meal and I'm not guilty about it. Hopefully I can do this 8 hour diet again even for just once a week. ;-)
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Mitzie don't give up/ You got to eat so just eat healthy and keep posting here. I will be lookin for you.

My day today Do chores around the house. s. banana protein shake coffee. At 10 mn
    A walk before lunch Which will be Pintos an Chili At 12 Pm work on a vest. Another walk Work on vest I got started Dinner at 5 Pm gluten free fried chicken bake in the oven and gluten free. And green beans. Watch TV with Hubby.

Friday is my WI so will report on my weight then.

Sorry about all of my typos. My fines do not have much feeling in them so bear with me.

take care.

have a great day. plan on reading some of those links that
  • HealthyAgain61
    Options
    I am on this right now. I have been doing the odd day for a couple weeks and I read the book, read lots of websites on it, etc.

I do notice the difference in how I feel when I stick with it (and I lose weight if I don't eat to much junk food). Important to not go absolutely crazy during the 8 hours if you want to lose weight but you also do not need to eat low cal as the fasting period helps your body burn fat vs muscle. See my links in one of the first posts so that you can understand it better.

Regarding thirst you can still drink outside the 8 hour eating window...in fact its encouraged as it helps fill you up. The key is to have no calorie drinks (ideally water, green tea, etc.) or if you have to have milk/cream in your coffee you keep total calorie amount to under 50 calories. I do this every morning with my coffee.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Thanks halftolosde I plan on reading some of links tonight.
  • HealthyAgain61
    Options
    I forgot to mention that you can choose how many days per week you want to do this. The book suggested at least three for weight loss results. You can also alter the 8 hour window from day to day if you have social events to deal with.

I personally prefer 12-8 but sometimes if I am really hungry in the morning I move it to 11-7. I find keeping busy in the morning is the key.

I did it yesterday and was 1.4 lbs lighter this morning - of course some of that is water weight but I sure felt less bloated and a bit lighter this morning.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    That sounds good. like thoe weight lost # so I will pick myself up and start over.
  • Mitzigan94
    Options
    I am on this right now. I have been doing the odd day for a couple weeks and I read the book, read lots of websites on it, etc.

I do notice the difference in how I feel when I stick with it (and I lose weight if I don't eat to much junk food). Important to not go absolutely crazy during the 8 hours if you want to lose weight but you also do not need to eat low cal as the fasting period helps your body burn fat vs muscle. See my links in one of the first posts so that you can understand it better.

Regarding thirst you can still drink outside the 8 hour eating window...in fact its encouraged as it helps fill you up. The key is to have no calorie drinks (ideally water, green tea, etc.) or if you have to have milk/cream in your coffee you keep total calorie amount to under 50 calories. I do this every morning with my coffee.

^^this!

Yep, I've read many links about this too, as far as I can remember that was 2 months ago when I started reading 'em..
  • Mitzigan94
    Options
    I forgot to mention that you can choose how many days per week you want to do this. The book suggested at least three for weight loss results. You can also alter the 8 hour window from day to day if you have social events to deal with.

I personally prefer 12-8 but sometimes if I am really hungry in the morning I move it to 11-7. I find keeping busy in the morning is the key.

I did it yesterday and was 1.4 lbs lighter this morning - of course some of that is water weight but I sure felt less bloated and a bit lighter this morning.

^^this!
  • Mitzigan94
    Options
    Mitzie don't give up/ You got to eat so just eat healthy and keep posting here. I will be lookin for you.

My day today Do chores around the house. s. banana protein shake coffee. At 10 mn
    A walk before lunch Which will be Pintos an Chili At 12 Pm work on a vest. Another walk Work on vest I got started Dinner at 5 Pm gluten free fried chicken bake in the oven and gluten free. And green beans. Watch TV with Hubby.

Friday is my WI so will report on my weight then.

Sorry about all of my typos. My fines do not have much feeling in them so bear with me.

take care.

have a great day. plan on reading some of those links that

Thanks!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Good morning.

great day ahead of us here in Texas I planed on my first meal at 11 AM A snack at 3 Pm and dinner at 5 Pm today.

Think I will crawl back to bed for a couple hours Be back l later when I decide what to eat
    1207927z6t2xwldd9.gif
    marie