Today's 5K run

Options
StephFork
StephFork Posts: 182 Member
My mom and I ran the 5K route that we will be running in again on March 2nd today. It was VERY hilly and that was a big difference than my normal treadmill run so I'm glad we got out and did the run before the actual race. I ended up having to walk some of it because of the hills and some painful leg cramps but I'm happy with my time overall. I finished in 43 minutes. I had also ran yesterday and I think before the race I will take a rest day the day before because my legs were sore to begin with.

Does anyone have suggestions for not getting bad calf cramps? The actually kinda moved up and down my legs and in my butt but the calves were the worst and that's what made me walk a few times. So I really wanted to run the whole race but these hills are REALLY steep so I will have to walk part of the hills which bums me out but I think I can beat my time and do it in under 40 minutes like I had planned.

Replies

• likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Great job! Make sure you stretch out your calves before the run and be sure to warm up. Also check your posture: make sure you are holding yourself upright. As you run outside more, a lot of this should go away.