Anyone here not on meds/insulin?

Just trying to find out if anyone else here is controlling their diabetes with diet alone.

Replies

• JaceyMarieS
    JaceyMarieS Posts: 692 Member
    I quit taking meds 9 months ago and have thus far been able to maintain my A1c at 5.1
  • Gentyl
    Gentyl Posts: 184 Member
    I stopped all diabetes meds 9 months ago, too! Just diet (very little exercise). My last two A1Cs have been 4.7.
  • BigG59
    BigG59 Posts: 396 Member
    Not on meds, my HbA1C has been in the 5%s now for 12 months by diet and exercise (a lot of exercise) alone.

I lost a significant amount of weight and my Dr says that my T2 was clearly caused by insulin resistance as a result of the additional weight.
  • AwesomeGuy37
    AwesomeGuy37 Posts: 436 Member
    Not many of us.. do you guys also feel alienated?
  • cathylopez1975
    cathylopez1975 Posts: 191 Member
    I'm curious. For any of you not on meds, did you at one time take something? Being T2 for more than a decade, 50+ years old, morbidly obese (but I'm normal weight now), and having other hormonal issues like PCOS, I just wonder if there is hope that I will ever come totally off what I have to take. That has always been the dream/goal for me. I don't want to have to put drugs in my body.
  • AwesomeGuy37
    AwesomeGuy37 Posts: 436 Member
    I'm curious. For any of you not on meds, did you at one time take something? Being T2 for more than a decade, 50+ years old, morbidly obese (but I'm normal weight now), and having other hormonal issues like PCOS, I just wonder if there is hope that I will ever come totally off what I have to take. That has always been the dream/goal for me. I don't want to have to put drugs in my body.

No, never had to take anything. I'm morbidly obese right now and under control.
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Diagnosed in May 2012 with T2 ...A1C of 6.9%...was on Metformin 500 x2.
    Sept 2013 A1C 5.6% and taken off all meds (was on 2 meds for BP, 2 for cholesterol, 1 for T2).