Brew Pubs?

Options
sjaplo
sjaplo Posts: 974 Member
Hi all - thought we might share brew pub reviews. My wife and I went to North Forks Beer Shrine and Wedding Chapel in Demel, WA just off the Mount Baker Hwy again on the weekend. Great Pizza and I had a couple of pints of their IPA and my wife had their Scotch Ale, which I think is whisky barrel aged, and 7%. Service is ok - tends to be very busy when they first open and the second server doesn't start soon enough - but if you know that going in its no big deal.

cheers

Replies

• vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    The big place to be for beer in Covington, LA is the Chimes bar and grill. They have so much stuff on tap and great Louisiana style dishes. Their popularity makes it hard for my fiance and I to go since they are always so busy.

When we can't get in (meaning waiting times are over an hour), we head straight to the Abita brew pub a few miles down the road. Every time I've been there, we've been seated immediately. They have the usual on tap (Andygator, Purple Haze, Amber, Turbodog, etc.) but when we went last, they had a casked spiced beer. Our waitress gave me a sample of it, and I decided to hold off. Ended up getting a pint, though! It's also really neat to see where the Abita choices I love were first brewed.

The food was great, as always. We've never had a bad experience at the Abita Brew Pub, now that I think about it. Everything is cooked to order, and it's a good place to support a local brewery.

If any of you guys come to this area, let me know and we'll do a brewery tour and eat a great lunch!
  • sjaplo
    sjaplo Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Cool! My wife and I were in NOLA about 15 years ago. I remember the Crescent River Brew Pub and there was a a bar just off one of the street car lines, through the garden district I believe, that boasted over 100 types of beer. A big deal at the time.