Question Re: NROLFW and TRX

Options
kethry70
kethry70 Posts: 404 Member
So, I have been working with a trainer twice a week using TRX bands and some weight work (medicine balls and 10-15 lb dumbbells) and I know my shoulders and core are stronger than they were at this point. I finally bought and read NR and want to start the program but I do like the TRX workouts and like that meeting with the trainer makes me accountable to just do it. So, my question is, would doing heavy lifting once a week and continuing my TRX workouts twice a week be a good mix or would it just be kinda pointless to lift heavy once a week while doing mostly body/band resistance work the other 2 times? Bear in mind I have worked up to a decent amount of ability in body weight exercises but my shoulders were pretty weak so I am proud of the fact that I could lift 35 lbs (barbell and weigths) even once over my head the other day LOL

Replies

• BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    What are your goals for the NROL4W program? Are you doing it to get stronger? If you want to see major strength results, lift 2X week and do TRX 1X week. If you're trying to maintain muscle mass while losing fat, do it however you want (as long as you're progressing in difficulty and not doing the low weight/high rep workouts). TRX is a good workout, just a different type.