Week Three Boot Camp

calicat40
calicat40 Posts: 37 Member
So I am in week three of boot camp, while I haven't lost a lick of weight I am feeling stronger and better. Last night was really hard, the whole group was running and I walked most of the way but I made my lap around. Then we did a million squats, ok not a million but Lord it felt like it. I might have cried at one point.

Here's what i have to tell you, my lap band and weight loss surgery friends. It took me four years to decide I could do this from the date of my surgery. I kept telling myself i couldn't do boot camp. Look at all those women, they are skinny and fit, they'd make fun of me or look at me like I was a lepper. Well, they didn't and they are the most supportive group of people I have met. So stop telling yourself you can't, tell yourself you and and will do it. Then get out there and do it. The surgery is a tool, use it along with working out. And, don't be hard on yourself if you think you are failing, you aren't. You are doing the best you can and that's all you can ask for.

Happy Tuesday all.

Replies

• loribenfield
    loribenfield Posts: 120 Member
    I have watched the boot camp at the gym I belong to. I am just not sure I am capable of doing it. But I think I will give it a try and see how I do. Thanks.
  • sadiegirl32
    sadiegirl32 Posts: 181 Member
    Calicat...I totally agree!! I did boot camp last week by accident...lol The zumba instructor was on vacation and so they brought in a boot camp instructor instead. It was only 30 minutes and like you I had to modify for my fitness level (zero...lol) but it was awesome and the next day I really felt it which was a wonderful feeling.

We can all do anything we put our minds too its time to stop being afraid!!
  • calicat40
    Lori you can do this, just ask the trainer to modify if you aren't sure what to do. Key is keep moving, just like Dori in Finding Nemo. Just keep moving. :happy:
  • JenaOnTrack74
    JenaOnTrack74 Posts: 443 Member
    I did boot camp gosh like 7 or 8 years ago. I was feeling so good! I definitely want to get back to it one day. Congratulations on doing the damn thing! :laugh:
    2mmwetc.jpg
  • JenaOnTrack74
    JenaOnTrack74 Posts: 443 Member
    4vfqcy.jpg
  • Calicat. I like to attend a step aerobics class. Everyone there is WAY skinnier than me but I do have the coordination required, and although I am the heaviest one in the class, I can still kick butt and keep pace with the "skinnies". Many times they will follow my lead. Size doesn't matter when it comes to ability. We all have the ability to strive. Perhaps because of our weight issues we have wrestled with, many for most of their lives, we push ourselves harder. Keep up with the boot camp, you will surprise yourself as to how quickly you will match what they do. We all start at the starting line. BEST WISHES
  • csmccord
    csmccord Posts: 272 Member
    I joined a group fitness class with a trainer about 5 months ago. When I first started, I wasn't the skinniest, and I wasn't the fattest, however during that time, I've notice what the rest of you have, size doesn't really matter in these things.

My first session, there was a woman who was 5 months pregnant there. She kicked my butt. She did twice as many push-up, did more ab work than me, lifted heavier weights. Yeah, I got shown by a woman over halfway through being pregnant. How's that for self-esteem?

Regardless, the trainer doesn't expect you to always be the best at every exercise. He knows that sometimes you can't do it. My trainer gives the basic move, then has some do more advanced stuff. Like I now do all the advanced harder moves. Instead of simple front planks, he has me high-lo's or alternating going to my hands and back down to elbows while in a plank.

Really, I think the whole idea is that you keep moving the entire time, and put your energy into it. I've gotten more out of these 5 months than I have at any other time, with the exception of maybe Marines Corp boot camp.
  • calicat40
    I'm on week seven, spent last week at Disneyworld and after six weeks of boot camp was able to enjoy my trip with the boys. We had a great time. Last night was testing at camp, walk/jog 1 mile, sit ups, push ups, squats etc. I did the whole thing, even with a bladder/kidney infection. Yes, I was sorry when I got home but I've dropped 11 pounds since starting and feel so much better. Still last when it comes to running but it makes my girlfriend happy that I'm the slowest one and she isn't lol. I don't care, I am happy to finish and still be standing. I can get up off the ground now without pulling up on the table or wall. Still not pretty getting up but hey at 50 and overweight, not much is pretty when you're on the ground lol. Sticking with it until it is unbearable hot, Texas summers are not good. Then headed indoors to the Y for some water aerobics and might try Zumba. thanks for the support and not judging. Like I said, if I can do this anyone can. I'm toting a couple hundred extra pounds around and am old so no excuses people. :)