Percentage or grams?

Options
I have been watching my percentages to make sure i end everyday in at least 65-30-5 range. Should I be focusing more on meeting the grams of fat-protein-carbs instead? I never go over 20 net carbs, in fact I'm always under. I do count my carbs.

What I don't understand is that if I eat the amount of fat (grams) that myfitnesspal is suggesting then my calories will be way more than 1500.

Am I missing something?
:noway:

Replies

• coyotechromosomes
    Options
    I would go with grams, as I think that would be a more accurate measure. Calculate your macros on one of the available Keto calculators available online and try and match that on myfitnesspal. You may not be able to get exact matches here but as long as you stay around the figures suggested by the calculator, you should be fine.
  • Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Options
    It depends on how long you have been in ketosis stage (measured by blood strips). I keep it simple with calories %, usually 80% from fat and around 5-7% carbs and rest protein. Experiment and find out what works for you, I usually get knocked out of Keto when I exceed 130g of protein or around 60-70g of carbs.