New here... and unsure if I'm at the right place?

Options
mimiteh35
mimiteh35 Posts: 486 Member
Well, I've asked to join this group....but I'm not quite sure if I'm an apple or not? Based on what I can find online, I am, but most people I see who claim to be "apple" seem to have bigger hips than waist, and I'm the opposite. When I was thinner as a teen/early 20s, I didnt' have a lot of shape, but you could tell where my waist was, but as I gained weight, its alotta belly, boobs, butt, but my hips aren't bigger than my waist. I also have a nasty case of "hump" behind my neck, well its nasty to me lol.

Just wondering if I'm the right shape for this. I feel like I literally am round (or at least when I started this journey) where my waist was actually wider my waist, but with big boobs it was about even with the fat around my boob/chest measurement.

I don't know how to upload pics very well and the only one uploaded on my profile is a side view so not sure that would help, but just thought I'd put that out there so I know if I'm in the right place or not.

Feel free to add or whatever! :)

Replies

• fourluvbugs
    fourluvbugs Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Sorry for the crickets when you posted, I've been away and off track, but I'm back on now. Yes, I agree that you are an apple. I think that heavier apples often have waists the same size as their hips or larger. I put on weight in my tummy first and lose it there last. :( I definitely have the body type you describe.... thick waist (even when I'm thin like in college my waist was not nipped in, more straight) big boobs, narrow hips (at least by comparison to my waist. HA!)
  • tabicatinthehat
    tabicatinthehat Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Well, I've asked to join this group....but I'm not quite sure if I'm an apple or not? Based on what I can find online, I am, but most people I see who claim to be "apple" seem to have bigger hips than waist, and I'm the opposite. When I was thinner as a teen/early 20s, I didnt' have a lot of shape, but you could tell where my waist was, but as I gained weight, its alotta belly, boobs, butt, but my hips aren't bigger than my waist. I also have a nasty case of "hump" behind my neck, well its nasty to me lol.

Just wondering if I'm the right shape for this. I feel like I literally am round (or at least when I started this journey) where my waist was actually wider my waist, but with big boobs it was about even with the fat around my boob/chest measurement.

I don't know how to upload pics very well and the only one uploaded on my profile is a side view so not sure that would help, but just thought I'd put that out there so I know if I'm in the right place or not.

Feel free to add or whatever! :)

Are you still here?! I have that "hump" thing, too. I've googled it and I know what it's about but I never met anyone else that has it. Hoping it goes away like all the other fat.