Keto Calculator or MFP

Options
I am a little confused on this point as it seems that half of the stats I read on here and on MFP go with the calories allotted on MFP. I went with the Keto Calculator because I figured those people know what they are talking about and MFP can just tell you how to do a calorie deficit. I am using MFP just to track the macros the Keto Calculator and even that told me that at 1800 calories it might be too hard for me to maintain a loss. I am shocked that 1200 calories is even doable on this diet because the last few days with working out (walking nothing strenuous) I would have felt HANGRY with less than my allotment of 1800 and sometimes above. I guess I am curious on using the MFP calculation and why some people chose it over the Keto Calc? Do some people use a combination? Thoughts?
I am also not being judgey mcjudgerson! I know some people are itty bitty things and I am 5'8" and MFP would give me a whopping 1300 calories to lose 2 lbs per week but those would be an ANGRY 2 lbs I can tell you that.

Replies

• spicekat77
    Options
    I cannot do a low calorie plan!!!! I have my calories set to 1800 w/ 75%F 20%P 5%C and that seems to suite me just fine.

Also I use this website as a guide, but not set in stone reference because my body will let me know if it's working or not.

http://ketodietapp.com/Blog/page/KetoDiet-Buddy

YMMV,

Anita
  • deoxy4
    deoxy4 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I find that a HFLC diet is very satisfying and it is difficult to meet caloric targets of the Keto calculator. I frequently find that I am 600 calories under target a the end of the day. I find it convenient to fast and eat 2 large meals a day and sometimes a fat-protein snack. I don't use the MFP default setting but the customized mode and input my own 75-15-5 ratios and caloric target. I wouldn't worry about the warnings as long as your body is not in starvation mode and wasting muscle. I also don't worry if I go over calories in a day if I am hungry as my body probably needs it. I would take note if those calories are coming from simple sugars. Carb creep can be insidious. Make caloric adjustments based on how you look, feel and perform.
  • Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Options
    I eat more than MFP recommended cals on a LCHF diet. MFP would ask me to eat 1500 cals/ day but I usually eat around 2000-2200 cals. I eat when I am hungry and stop when I am full. I do get regular metabolic testing every 3 months, I was told, I shouldn't go below 1600 cals with out Dr supervision. You need to experiment and find what works for you.
  • ronellevan
    Options
    I cannot do a low calorie plan!!!! I have my calories set to 1800 w/ 75%F 20%P 5%C and that seems to suite me just fine.

Also I use this website as a guide, but not set in stone reference because my body will let me know if it's working or not.

http://ketodietapp.com/Blog/page/KetoDiet-Buddy

YMMV,

Anita

Excellent site, thanks!