PROTEIN

Options
LOOKING FOR DELICIOUS VEGAN PROTEIN IDEAS!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• arios952013
    arios952013 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Vegetables that contain protein:
    One cup of cooked spinach 5.4 grams for only 42 calories
    One cup of frozen broccoli 5.8 per 52 calories
    One cup of tofu 18.0 for only 165 calories
    One cup of lentils (cooked) 16 grams of protein for only 175 calories.

Also beans and legumes remove cholesterol from your body and makes you feel full due to the high fiber content. It is considered a carbohydrate but passes through the body unlike grains. Also Quinoa has lots of protein.
  • jiminybingo
    jiminybingo Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I just drink alot of Trader Joe's Soy Protein powder in shakes. Put anything you want in it from instant decaf coffee and stevia to cocoa powder (most are vegan,) stevia, or almond extract, vanilla extract, cininmon, make smoothies with frozen fruit, bannanas and peanut or almond butter is very good. These are all staples in my diet and I get 150 grams of protein per day using 2 shakes each with 5 scoops (58 grams of lowfat protein) plus the little bits of protein here and there I get from my other food. Thats my solution anyway, worked for the last year I have been lifting.
  • FrankieTrailBlazer
    FrankieTrailBlazer Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I have been using the following raw vegan proteins:

Warrior Force Nutritionals, Warrior Food Extreme V 2.0, Chocolate Plus
    Warrior Force Nutritionals, Warrior Food Extreme V 2.0, Vanilla Plus
    Warrior Force Nutritionals, Warrior Food, Natural

Amino Acid profiles better than whey...

Both chocolate and vanilla taste awesome and are from real cocoa bean and vanilla beam (not extract), while natural has little taste but is palatable after simply mixing with water (but fresh berries etc always better ;-)

Do not confuse with Sun Warrior (i believe its completely unrelated company). I tried their raw vegan "blend" which, in my opinion, tastes artificial and bad and will not order any of their products again
  • Chelsarrr
    Chelsarrr Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Seitan, tempeh, tofu, beans, peas, corn, nuts and nut butters (cashew is amaaazing), seeds (check out hemp for nutritional powwerhouse), protein powders (VEGA if you've got the $, plant fusion if you don't). There are always the Gardein and similar products too, and nutritional yeast as well. I also found a black bean pasta recently with 25g protein per 2oz serving. It was in the gluten-free hippie-dippie aisle.

As an omnivore, I think it's easy to consume a protein-rich food with each meal and call it a day. As a vegan striving for 125+g protein a day, I find that I have to combine high-protein foods with each meal to get there.