Thursday check-in

Options
BeckyLF05
BeckyLF05 Posts: 115 Member
Dear Wendy's Spicy Snack Wraps,

I hate you.

Thanks,
Becky

hahahaha so....that's how I'm doing this week. :laugh: Nah...just one bad day yesterday but I shall make up for it today!:drinker:

How YOU doin?

Replies

• mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm still recovering from my chip binge earlier in the week and this morning I'm a pound heavier than Monday morning. It's not looking good for this Monday without serious buckling down. I'll run 10k tonight and see where my dehydrated weight is, that sort of tells me how I'm doing. The Girl Scout cookies are still in my pantry although my boys are plowing through the thin mints in short order. I can't believe that the lemon cookies are 75 calories each! No wonder I love them. So far I have not had a single cookie so I'm hoping my resolve doesn't crumble (get it?).

I did have a nice experience the other night at chorus rehearsal. Some people that don't know me that well have noticed my weight loss--I was called skinny by one lady. :happy: Now I'm getting funny looks when I tell people I still have 15 pounds to lose--they think that's too much. I think because I carry fat mostly on my legs and butt it doesn't show as much as if it was all on my gut. I used to be skeptical about the BMI chart thinking its normal range was too light---but as I get closer to "normal" coming from obese, I am becoming a believer (though I think I belong on the high end of that range).

The downside of these compliments is that they make it easier to rationalize cheating a few more calories--that's why I really like my MFP friends and appreciate the mutual accountability/support.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Meh I lost what I gained during my Valentine's Day binge weekend. Now to focus but cookies...
  • terriejones
    terriejones Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I've been staying within calories, but I'm really fighting the CRAVES! The Tornado is out of school this week and my exercise is all over the place. I can't wait to get back to "normal" next week.

Mmm, Wendy's, that used to be my nickname.

And thankfully, I don't buy Girl Scout cookies. My SIL usually gives me a couple of boxes and my mom and The Tornado eat them up before I get a chance to eat too many.

I'm keeping my focus on the beach to keep me motivated!!! Surfin' safari!!!
  • cathy0536
    cathy0536 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Been at home with the boys this week, as it's the half term holidays, and the Valentine's chocs have turned me into a bit of a chocolate binger :embarassed: Eaten quite a few (e.g. a lot) of leftover christmas chocolates that had been quite happily sitting on top of a cupboard for months, and made a big chocolate cake with one of my boys - which is lovely but luckily so rich that one small slice is enough. Have now put the cake away in a box inside a cupboard - only to get out when we have some guests on Sat morning - and back at work today so trying to quell the sugar/chocolate cravings... Have exercised to schedule apart from Tuesday, and caught up on that one. This morning's 54 minute workout was a killer but I do feel better for it now.

Just about to start a new weekend warrior's thread if anyone NEEDS it - I do!
  • cathy0536
    cathy0536 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    *Mule* I am totally with you on the double edged effects of compliments! :smile:
  • BeckyLF05
    Options
    *Mule* I am totally with you on the double edged effects of compliments! :smile:

I'm with both of ya! :grumble:
  • BeckyLF05
    Options
    Cathy, I am also using the beach as a motivator! We are going to Myrtle Beach, SC on June 7th. I keep telling my hubby that I'm working on my beach body! :laugh:
  • Shaky44
    Shaky44 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be taking an absence from the group 3/1-3/8 for a cruise. Just today I booked the Carnival Miracle to Cabo and Puerto Vallarta leaving out of Long Beach as a last-minute thing. I was going to do this in January - mostly as a reward for doing well in the last challenge - but never found a good opportunity. This is it. I got an inside room for $449 for the week (no single supplement) and my friend got a balcony for $539 (no single supplement). What's the next best thing to having a balcony on a cruise? Having a friend with a balcony. :)

I'm not going to do much to "edit" myself as far as eating on the cruise. I'll just stay active and hope for the best.

Looking forward to it.
  • terriejones
    terriejones Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Totally jealous!!! If I was the stalker type of person, I'd buy a ticket and ask to be sat at your table. Have a great time!!! And eat lots of great food!!!
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options

I'm not going to do much to "edit" myself as far as eating on the cruise. I'll just stay active and hope for the best.

Looking forward to it.

I would inflict some serious damage to those buffets, you can recover in no time. Just warn the staff that you just lost 112 pounds and to stay clear.

Bon Voyage!
  • Shaky44
    Shaky44 Posts: 214 Member
    Options

I would inflict some serious damage to those buffets, you can recover in no time. Just warn the staff that you just lost 112 pounds and to stay clear.

Bon Voyage!

That's basically the plan :)

I do plan to workout on the sea days. Not sure I will be able to undo all the damage, though.