Your Essential items to get from the supermarket

My intent making this is so that we can share and get ideas from each other.

I have a list of 5 items that I always have to get

1. Butter - I fry all my veg in it and it tastes so much better than boiling it.
2. Cream - i usually go for fresh if I can but Elmlea single cream alternative has a great shelflife
3. Coconut Cream - I can add this to coffee and I fry my meats in it , so versitle
4. Frozen vegetables - I get all my spinach, brocoli, sliced peppers, caulifower, garlic, onions frozen in 1kg bags. mostly cheaper
5. Philadelphia Cream cheese or alternative - Makes for a great sauce for any mean really if you and a few spices.

How about you, what are you essenstials.

Replies

• adevgun
    adevgun Posts: 3 Member
    Hi

I have been doing the keto diet for around 6 weeks now, and have now got in to routine with my eating. breakfast usually involves a bullet proof coffee which is a black coffee with a teaspoon of organic coconut oil, and a knob of Kerrygold grassfed butter. I also have 2 to 3 scrambled eggs, also scrambled in butter.

Lunch tends to be a peace of meat with around 100 grams of grean leafy salad and evening meal can be the same or just an omlette with cheese and spinach.

I tend to have around 3 of the bullet proof coffees a day although sometimes put the mct oil in tea. without milk. on occassion i use coconut milk in my coffee and tea or lacto free cream.
  • I started by following the ruled.me 30 day plan. So recopies that have stuck mainly involve:
    - Spinach and Bok Choi, I can't get enough for salads and stir fries
    - Caesar and Ranch dressings, different brands have different carbs so I always check
    - Tinned fish in olive/sunflower oil, useful for lunch at work
    - Tesco Finest 97% Pork Sausages, Bacon & Minced beef, Stew beef for slow cooking
    - Broccoli, Cali flower

Recently discovered Quest bars and love them, as I was a Chocolate fiend before keto.
  • walliethefrog
    walliethefrog Posts: 7 Member
    The items I always make sure I have are.

1- Ceam always double always fresh. Great for coffee and cooking veg in.

2- Coconut oil usually coldpressed and organic.

3- Cheap meat cuts (invest in a slow cooker folks)

4- Cheese, cream cheese or hard its pretty much a staple

5- Green leafy vegetables. Kale, spinach and broccoli are my main ones. High in everything you want low in things you don't.