check in

Options
Heliconia
Heliconia Posts: 166 Member
Hi everybody. I am new to the group and just want to say hi. I am loving low carb and find it so my easier to lose weight than the other methods I have tried previously. I have lost 14 pounds in seven weeks so I am very happy. Let me know how you have been doing.

Melanie

Replies

• kellymac518
    kellymac518 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    started low carb about a week ago and lost 2.6 lbs... pretty exciting as i am used to having a very difficult time losing weight with my insulin resistance
  • Heliconia
    Options
    Great going and have much future success!
  • skinnyone2012
    skinnyone2012 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Greetings,

Today begins my second week (this time around), and last week I lost 3.9 lbs Yayyy.
  • Rainboots80
    Rainboots80 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I started low carb on January 31st and I have lost 20 pounds. I am also vegetarian so it makes it a little more challenging.
  • awiswasser
    Options
    I started low carb October 3, 2013 and I am down 34 pounds!
  • danimalkeys
    danimalkeys Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I started Aug 2013 and I'm down 26lbs. My total weight loss is 74lbs since Feb 2012 but a big hunk of that was just portion control and exercise. Then I stalled out for a really long time and the low carb is what jump started me again.

My wife is starting her 5th month and is down over 40lbs. The pounds are melting off of her! My loss is much slower but I'm only a few lbs from my goal weight.
  • Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Leonidas_meets_Spartacus Posts: 6,198 Member
    Options
    Started 12/1/2013, lost 35 lbs, 11 inches on waist. I love low carb/keto lifestyle.
  • danimalkeys
    danimalkeys Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Started 12/1/2013, lost 35 lbs, 11 inches on waist. I love low carb/keto lifestyle.

wow!
  • Heliconia
    Options
    Rainboots How does a vegetarian do low carb? I have to stay away from legumes as they bust my daily carbs through the roof.
  • Miamiuu
    Miamiuu Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I'm doing another 30 day session of low carbing. Currently I'm on day 19 and feeling much better than I did last time I low carbed.
  • gmstarr1
    gmstarr1 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've been doing low carb since the end of February. I used to think it was a fad diet that wouldn't work. For me, this is much easier to stick to just a low calorie moderation diet. I still had some cheat days, but it seems easier for me to go back to the low carb diet than the low calorie diet. I've been trying to lose weight for 10 years...on the low calorie diet, every time I had a cheat day, I wouldn't want to go back on the diet...until eventually I didn't and gained everything back.

Still too soon for me to say definitely this is going to work for me long time, but this is the longest I've ever changed my eating habits. :)
  • Citrislazer
    Citrislazer Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    20lbs in 10 weeks and almost 4 inches around the gut! I rarely get headaches, my pollen allergies have almost disappeared, my poo is healthier, I sleep better, and I have more energy to do the things I love.
  • momasox
    momasox Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Hello... Its been 12 days and I am down 6 pounds! Which is great for me since its been so hard for me to lose the last few years.
  • jenabugg
    jenabugg Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I started 12/1/2013 and as of this morning am down 44 pounds. I also tried to lose weight for years and years using low calorie/low fat diet to no avail. Why didn't anyone tell me that low carb was the ideal diet for those with PCOS? So incredibly happy and grateful to God to finally see success. I still have quite a ways to go.
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

Started August 27th 2013 @ 432lbs so just shy of 8 months (wow has time flown) and as of today i am 285lbs.
  • dewsmom78
    dewsmom78 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Wow, some of you have amazing results! I hope I can say the same in 12 weeks.

I had a baby 7 weeks ago, and have a ton of baby weight to lose.

I have been doing low carb for 2 weeks and am down 4 lbs so far. I have 25 lbs to go.
  • ali59oc
    ali59oc Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Started LCHF mid January 2014, have lost 36 lbs., gone from a size 16 to a 8. LOVE this lifestyle!
  • momasox
    momasox Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I started low carb 28 days ago and I am down 12 pounds. It's still pretty difficult for me but I'm getting there.
  • EbonyAries
    EbonyAries Posts: 19
    Options
    Hi,

this is my first check in. I have been on induction for a week, and have lost 10pounds. Roll on next week :)