Pre-bedtime snack ideas

Options
smelons
smelons Posts: 450 Member
Has anyone got any ideas for pre-bedtime snacks that are gluten, sugar and dairy-free? I often get peckish before bed and put it down to thirst/being greedy, then lie in bed unable to sleep due to hunger. I never seem to have anything snacky in the house and don't want to mess around making something that involves loads of preparation when I'm tired.

Replies

• lisawinning4losing
    lisawinning4losing Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Good question.
  • lisawinning4losing
    lisawinning4losing Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I just bumped a thread from this group that includes some snack ideas. :wink:
  • sammymichelleB
    Options
    If you're hungry you should listen to your body. Try drinking hot tea or a tall glass of water and then see if you were really hungry or just thirsty, but if you're seriously hurting you should have something small to ease the hunger pain and make you feel satisfied! I usually save a few calories for a bed time snack, like low-fat popcorn or a spoonful of peanut butter, or even chocolate soy milk. Veggies are always filling and good, or some nuts. If your stomach is growling its telling you something, so don't ignore it, it might set you back on your weight loss goals as it could lower your metabolism.

Hope this helps :)
  • KatherinesRiver
    Options
    I find that when I just can't sleep a very small snack helps a lot plus a glass of water. I'm making some 4 ingredient cookies. They are about 50 calories each and I will have one in about 10 minutes with a glass of water. The cookies are made of Oats, banana, raisins and a small amount of peanut butter. I am using almond butter tonite instead. :drinker:
  • KatherinesRiver
    Options
    Oh, message me and I will send you the recipe!:drinker:
  • smelons
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'll check the other snack thread now. :smile:
  • zderain
    zderain Posts: 36
    Options
    I used to typically have a couple of handfuls of dry cereal as a snacky item. lots of vitamins and cereal is typically low fat and can fill me up better that say a carrot or something.
  • Cate1898
    Cate1898 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have started clean eating and am also looking for snack ideas. I was intrigued by the 4 ingredient 50 calorie cookies that KatherinesRiv posted about. I tried to PM her but she has deactivated her account. Anyone else have the recipe? I'd really like to have it if possible!
  • Sunbrooke
    Sunbrooke Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I like a banana if I get hungry while lying in bed. If I'm watching TV in the evening, I like frozen fruit. I also like to have a piece of chocolate, but that's not the healthiest option.
  • Gooch_Tha
    Options
    I posted this in clean eating as well...but we love to snack...and we learn by trial and error by doing research to see what is good snacking vs. trashy snacking.

My wife and I are the first of our friends and families to "Clean Eat"...we are still new, but our bodies are proving that we are making great decisions. We do not sell any products and are simply a husband and wife with our 1 year old son in a small town in Texas. We have an Instagram account for all of our foods that we consider "Clean".

If you are looking for some new recipes for Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Desserts, and Snacks please visit. You do not have to follow unless you think it will have something to offer you. The Instagram name is RAMOSNEWSPINONFOOD

Do not expect professional pictures and correct grammar, lol we are your everyday human beings...If you do follow, please let us know in some way you are from the Clean Eat Group...I would love to know. Thanks!
  • Pamann247
    Options
    I always have hardboiled eggs cooked and peeled in the fridge.
    One egg.....a litle fat and protein and a glass of water. My tummy is happy and I stay asleep.
    : )
  • enchantedgardener
    enchantedgardener Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I usually have a rice cake with 1 tbsp of peanut butter (or 2 servings, if I've got the calories for it).
    A mug of herbal tea to help me sleep, usually linden tea or one of the 'sleepytime' blends.
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    First I'd drink 2 or 3 glasses of water especially if you haven't been drinking it all day. Then maybe something like protein.
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I always have hardboiled eggs cooked and peeled in the fridge.
    One egg.....a litle fat and protein and a glass of water. My tummy is happy and I stay asleep.
    : )

Like this. I have a hard time keeping boiled eggs around since my 10 year old daughter loves boiled egg whites(she is picky about eating the middle but I've taught her to slice them in half and season them so the yolk isn't so bad she can eat 4 egg whites easy). I like them but they just don't seem to stay around.
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options
    An apple. The fiber will fill you up
  • jbaerbock
    jbaerbock Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I get home from work at around 12:30AM and have a bowl of Special K Original and Almond Milk. Then about 2 hours later I go to bed. It serves as my "supper" meal of the day and works for me :-).
  • jbaerbock
    jbaerbock Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    An apple. The fiber will fill you up

The problem I would have with that is that apples wake me up. So, for me anyway, it wouldn't be a good idea before bed. At other times of the day though man I love me an apple!
  • smelons
    Options
    I've been having a few nuts before bed which seem to be helping. Luckily, the weather's getting warmer, so I'm not quite so ravenous as I am in the winter.
  • st3phanieR
    st3phanieR Posts: 1
    Options
    If i feel snacky without really being hungry,some dried fruit do the trick for me,
    I especially love medjool dates ❤️
  • Chrissie_R
    Chrissie_R Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    i usually have a banana with PB on yummm....