What products do you like the most?

Options
hippie25
hippie25 Posts: 3 Member
Hey everyone! I am on day 3 of phase one and have been having some issues with lunch. My couch gave me chicken soup as this weeks option and I have had a hard time stomaching it. It makes me gag! I manage to eat it each day but its a task. I also had a hard time with the chocolate pudding and even the wildberry yogurt drink. This morning I tried the waffles made with the pudding and that was much better. I looked at the products today and am just trying to get an idea of what everyone seems to enjoy the most along with what products are best to incorporate into recipes! Any advice is much appreciated!
Thanks!
Jessica

Replies

• jan5500
    jan5500 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I didn't like any of the soups except the Tomato Basil. And, I don't usually like tomato soups! It took me a few weeks to find some favorites. I LOVE the chocolate drink and the cappuccino (love both hot or cold). I also like the orange drink and the pina colada drink. Also like the herb omelet. It seems to fill me up more than just a drink. Didn't care much for the taste of the puddings until, like you, I tried them in pancake recipe - banana pudding pancakes with Walden Farms Syrup is great. The restricted bars and wafers are all good in my opinion.
  • GuyIncognito123
    GuyIncognito123 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I find the soups are good when used as a base for vegetables. Just start it in a pan, toss in your veggies and you get a cream sauce (soup) with them.
  • artzgrrl
    artzgrrl Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I like all of the Ready Made items. They are more expensive, but in my opinion, I think they're worth it! I use some of the others. But, with the ready made you don't have the clumpy powdery mess and I just think they taste better in general. Hope this helps. :)
  • egd434
    egd434 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have always loved tomato soup (with a grilled cheese sandwich), but the ideal protein tomato basil soup is a very poor substitute, not sure if I will buy it again. I'll eat it b/c of the financial investment, but . . . it's just not that good. The egg substitute is OK, but when compared head to head with something like egg beaters, I'm not sure the price is justified. I ran across something called Protidiet and have done a few comparisons of ingredients and nutritional values and they are very close to Ideal Protein, but much less expensive. Protidiet even mentions the same "Harvard" Ph.D. who did the original research that is touted on the Ideal Protein web site.
  • SusanRN2b
    SusanRN2b Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I am on day 3 of phase one and have been having some issues with lunch. My couch gave me chicken soup as this weeks option and I have had a hard time stomaching it. It makes me gag! I manage to eat it each day but its a task. I also had a hard time with the chocolate pudding and even the wildberry yogurt drink. This morning I tried the waffles made with the pudding and that was much better. I looked at the products today and am just trying to get an idea of what everyone seems to enjoy the most along with what products are best to incorporate into recipes! Any advice is much appreciated!
    Thanks!
    Jessica

I use the chicken soup exclusively to make mashed cauliflower. After boil/steaming 4 cups of cauliflower, I drain almost all of the water, add the chicken soup powder, garlic powder, dried onion flakes, pepper, and sea salt, beat with a hand mixer and you've got a filling meal that knocks out your veggies for the day!
  • GuyIncognito123
    GuyIncognito123 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I use the chicken soup exclusively to make mashed cauliflower. After boil/steaming 4 cups of cauliflower, I drain almost all of the water, add the chicken soup powder, garlic powder, dried onion flakes, pepper, and sea salt, beat with a hand mixer and you've got a filling meal that knocks out your veggies for the day!

That actually doesn't sound too bad at all.
    Would work really good with a beef roast or chicken breasts.
  • ChampagneHrglss
    ChampagneHrglss Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    My favorites are:
    the pre-made chocolate and vanilla drinks over espresso and ice
    the pre-made chocolate pudding
    the plain rotini
    the mushroom soup
    the wildberry yogurt drink
    the caramel nut bar (restricted)
    the double chocolate brownie (restricted)

I've used the chicken soup to make mashed cauliflower before, it IS really good. I've also used the mushroom soup as a base for sauteed chicken (almost like a marsala), and the rotini pasta is better than regular pasta in my opinion.

I hate almost all of the other restricted items. They have a weird texture and they're not worth the extra calories and carbs, I feel. My standard is the above items, but every now and then I'll try something new my coach suggests.
  • OWL9100
    OWL9100 Posts: 7
    Options
    LEMON WAFERS!

And besides that I'm a ready-made girl. I buy the vanilla, chocolate and cappuccino drinks and have one with my coffee in the morning. Hot or over ice.

Lunch ready made strawberry-banana or mango drink blended with two cups greens. Smoothie for lunch!

Snack I love the white cheddar ridges or the lemon wafer...I also buy the raspberry chocolately bar and chocolate soy puffs.
  • ChampagneHrglss
    Options
    LEMON WAFERS!

And besides that I'm a ready-made girl. I buy the vanilla, chocolate and cappuccino drinks and have one with my coffee in the morning. Hot or over ice.

Lunch ready made strawberry-banana or mango drink blended with two cups greens. Smoothie for lunch!

Snack I love the white cheddar ridges or the lemon wafer...I also buy the raspberry chocolately bar and chocolate soy puffs.

Are the ridges better than the crisps? I've tried both the herb and garlic crisps and the bbq crisps and I just can't get through a packet without being overwhelmed by texture/too much flavor.
  • OWL9100
    Options
    I've actually never had the crisps. I'm to busy eating lemon wafers. I tried the mint chocolate protein bar today. It's new! And it was super yummy!
  • ChampagneHrglss
    Options
    I've actually never had the crisps. I'm to busy eating lemon wafers. I tried the mint chocolate protein bar today. It's new! And it was super yummy!

That does sound good. The only bar I've liked so far is the caramel nut - the others have that "protein bar" texture that I hate....what's the texture of the mint like?
  • OWL9100
    Options
    The mint chocolate protein bar has a creamy texture. It's a nice change from the others.
  • QueenOSpades
    QueenOSpades Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    What I've eneded up settling on for lunches, after trying everyone of the soups, is to make a huge salad for myself, with loads of celeri, cucumbers, bell peppers, mushrooms, etc. (2 cups of veggies :) ) add a little grapeseed oil, salt, paprika, etc. and Voila!
    I've also added the IP of REady made chocolate puddings.

I find it's less of a haslte to pack everything when you go to work/ at home. Also, the ready made puddings fill you up. Eventually! Haha. You'll get used to it soon enough :)
  • ljlantgen
    ljlantgen Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm down to my three favorites and I haven't gotten sick of them at all! Breakfast is Strawberry Pudding, Lunch Lemon pudding, dinner Chocolate drink. I add more water to the puddings so they are drinks. Love them all. The brownies are good too but they are restricted. Great with a cup of tea.
  • ChampagneHrglss
    Options
    OKAY I TAKE EVERYTHING I SAID BACK. New favorite: The Chicken a la King Pottage mix. My health coach suggested I give it a try at my last meeting, he said it tastes like the inside of a chicken pot pie and it DOES. It has usurped the mushroom soup as my favorite thing now.
  • jkimmer
    jkimmer Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    My personal opinion as I am on week 2. Dont do the cereals!! I tried the crisp rice (or what ever it was called, like rice crispy's) I found the cereal very hard to chew so I thought this has a good taste I will just let my cereal soak in the milk a bit....MISTAKE!! dont let the milk set any time!! it got so thick that I gagged thinking it was like curdled milk... it actually made me throw up!.
    So far my favorite has been chicken-al-king, but you said the chicken noodle gagged you so not sure you would like it. I LOVE the pineapple and banana drink! I also LOVE the fine herb & cheese omelet!! OMG!!! out of this world!!
  • jkimmer
    Options
    Thats what I do a Subway veggie salad, with lots of cucumbers, baby spinach, little bit of purple onions, LOTS of pickles, once a week I add tomatoes (about 2 slices) then I use my own dressing (Newtons Farms- creamy bacon) then I add a drink mix to go with it.
  • jkimmer
    Options
    the orange wafers and the chocolate wafers are good too! Love the raspberry jello, don't like the chocolate puddings.
  • jkimmer
    Options
    I will have to try them next week. sounds good!
  • jkimmer
    Options
    you can have dried onions??? OMG!! I have been craving them! This is on level 1???