Talking yourself back to success

Options
If you are like me when you are not losing you want to give up. I had a week like that this week. I hiked 4 days and went to line dance one day. Had two short walks and did weights one day.

Did the scales reflect that? no! not a pound, and I had gained one the week before. So at the end of the week i looked over my record and what were my observations? I had eaten out 3 times that week, and even though I had ordered carefully I did have two glasses of red wine each time. I was under net calories, because I recorded every bite and drink-- but hey-- I do not think I can have net calories. It does not seem to work for me. Just the 1200 and exercise is a bonus for me to help me feel better.

What success did I see for the week? I can wear my size 12 pants that I haven't been able to wear for 4 months. I went out to eat 3 times and did not eat a plate of bread before dinner, or have dessert. I have more energy, and feel empowered because I am in control of my life....I am on a 365 day commitment... I need to make sure I am charting the correct calories, is it really 1/2 cup? I need to continue to watch the carbs and sugars. And most of all do not be discouraged, This is the rest of my life, and that was just one week. re-commit, learn what works for me, persist, and be accountable and honest with yourself looking for success.