90-Day Fit & Nutr. Challenge Day #50 Motivation Monday!

Options
amccord2
amccord2 Posts: 363 Member
check-in_zpsd1a956c8.jpg

That's right everyone!!!! Monday will make 50 days:love: that we have been committed to eating healthier and becoming more fit!!1:drinker: Salute to all of you who have stayed the course!!!! If you have had some roadblocks, just get back on track. Remember, tomorrow is always a new day!:flowerforyou: I am enjoying sharing my successes and failures, as well as hearing from all of you on this journey! I am excited to see what the end will yield!

never-quit_zpsf93a584b.jpg

Next week will be time to take measurements again!!images-1.jpg

Has anyone viewed either of the meal plans posted in the earlier topics? If so, were they useful? Do you see any fine tuning that could be done? In a search for something really plain and simple to follow, I came upon this meal plan by my fitness and nutrition GODDESS, Brenda Leigh Turner. I think I will be following the general idea to generate my weekday meals for the next two weeks. Let me know what you think! Here is the link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/36976314/specialoccasion-weightloss.pdf

Also, I am really contemplating beginning the Whole30 Program for the last thirty days of the challenge. I don't know if I like the idea of "giving up" so many different types of foods for 30 days. I think that I may crave something and should be able to have it. The reviews are excellent though, so maybe I could do it with 1 "off day." What do you think about the Whole30? Here is the link:
http://whole30.com/whole30-program-rules/

Replies

• alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!!! This group has been very quiet lately. I only "lost" .2 ounces in a week. As I have mentioned before my body is just fighting losing any more weight. I am fine with the weight I would just like to trim some areas of my body. :grumble: I really don't know what else to do other than what I do now. I eat small meals throughout the day, most of my meals are clean, I drink lots of water, I don't drink sodas or juices, haven't had alcohol since Nov 2013, I stop eating at 7pm, I eat a good combination of veggies, fruit, lean protein, healthy fats. I log in my foods most times, keep my sodium down. When I eat out I choose mostly healthy foods (yes, not able to control the amount of sodium). Exercise wise I do a combo of cardio, strength training and yoga 6 days a week.

Angela, I am all for joining you on the Whole30 program. I pretty much did something similar in January. It is very strict. It says you are not supposed to weigh during the 30 days. I guess we will not be following that. And speaking of measurements, is it that time again?? Do we also take pictures?

I like the lean secrets meal plan you included. Does Brenda Lee have a facebook page? Do you follow her there or on YouTube?

Have a great one!!! :drinker:
  • amccord2
    Options
    I like the lean secrets meal plan you included. Does Brenda Lee have a facebook page? Do you follow her there or on YouTube?

Have a great one!!! :drinker:

Yes, she is awesome! She has a youtube channel, blog, facebook, twitter, and instagram!
    Here are some of her links:
    Program: http://leansecrets.com/
    Blog: http://leansecrets.com/blog/
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LeanSecrets
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSQqHSlmg6qQ9vDLIXwxEMA

Check out her video: CRUSH YOUR PLATEAUS! This may work for you.
  • amccord2
    Options
    Angela, I am all for joining you on the Whole30 program. I pretty much did something similar in January. It is very strict. It says you are not supposed to weigh during the 30 days. I guess we will not be following that. And speaking of measurements, is it that time again?? Do we also take pictures?

I wonder if I can hang on to such a strict regimen for 30 days. I feel that it would benefit me immensely, but I don't want to set myself up for failure or binge eating. I like that they include a plan for reintroducing the "avoided" foods again. I have only read positive reviews, so I am trying to pump myself up! I know that if I have a few people to go through it with, it will be better. Pictures and measurements after this week. :smile:
  • alf1163
    Options
    It wont be easy but it is doable. I basically "did" it for 30 days and I am still doing a "modified" version of it. It definitely helped me get rid of the bloat, had lots of energy (still do), mental clarity, etc. I am willing to try it 100% this time if you will do it. It is no fun to do it by myself. LOL Let me know when you will start. :flowerforyou:
  • amccord2
    Options
    It wont be easy but it is doable. I basically "did" it for 30 days and I am still doing a "modified" version of it. It definitely helped me get rid of the bloat, had lots of energy (still do), mental clarity, etc. I am willing to try it 100% this time if you will do it. It is no fun to do it by myself. LOL Let me know when you will start. :flowerforyou:

Yes, I could really use the boost of energy and mental clarity. I may wait until this challenge ends. I think 90 days is a bit much for everyone to stay motivated. However, I like longer challenges because it gives me time to see results over time, and I am less likely to do some crazy "starvation" thing that only ends up being short term. Participation dwindles some, but I am still motivated to finish!
  • alf1163
    Options
    Awww Angela, I was getting excited about doing this program with you soon. But I totally understand...I might do it the last 30 days of the program. I have every intention to finish this challenge with you guys!!! I am not a quitter!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh: :wink: :flowerforyou:
  • hippie_spirit
    hippie_spirit Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    i am still motivated to finish too! my daughter had a baby and lives 3 hours away :noway: ... i have been spending a lot of time on the road :grumble:
    i am still logging my food everyday and checking up on everybody, i just haven't had time to participate much. i'm here to the end! i am home now ... so i should have more to say :flowerforyou:
  • amccord2
    Options
    i am still motivated to finish too! my daughter had a baby and lives 3 hours away :noway: ... i have been spending a lot of time on the road :grumble:
    i am still logging my food everyday and checking up on everybody, i just haven't had time to participate much. i'm here to the end! i am home now ... so i should have more to say :flowerforyou:

Like!:love:
  • alf1163
    Options

Congratulations!!! :flowerforyou: