Tips for staying on track...

Options
Through trial and error, here are some small changes that helped me streamline becoming food-concious:
1) I made MyFitnessPal my web browser homepage on ALL of my computers... at home AND at work.
2) I put the MFP App icon all by itself on the homescreen of my iPhone.
3) Meal preparation is key. Remove the opportunity to make on-the-fly bad food choices. It also helps with weekend tendancies.
4) After breakfast Sunday morning, go grocery shopping and prepare EVERY meal for Sun.-Wed. For example, you are already making Sunday lunch... so make it through Wednesday also and set them aside in on-the-go containers for work. At dinner, do the same.
5) After dinner Wed., meal prep for Thurs-Sat. With Tips #4 and #5, the weekends are accounted for.
6) For those who never stay home on the weekends (we are like that), PACK THE SNACKS! You will get hungry if you forget to eat, duh! So graze throughout the day, and accomplish two things: You will have a manageable apetite when you hit the restaurant AND you will be food-concious. Grazing reminds you throughout the day that food is ALSO fuel, not merely fun. Eating all the time, is a GOOD thing, because you dont just sit down at a restaurant and go cray to fill that empty tummy.
7) Turn grocery shopping into a Treasure Hunt! My favorite part of the process!!! For example, 11 Tortilla chips per serving and cheese dip for a TexMex craving? I read every label and found I was equally satisfied with 27 Special K Cracker Chips per serving and Salsa, for craving and LESS calories. Ice Cream? Popsicles. Cookies? 100 calroies snack packs. Whatever you "thing" may be... find the alternative!
8) SURROUND YOURSELF WITH FOLKS WITH SIMILAR GOALS! OR GET YOUR CREW ON-BOARD! It can be done alone, but it's easier when the foodworld isn't against you.

That's all I have time to jot down right now (at work)... if you have any things that help you, please add!