Post Work out food?

Options
Up until I started LCHF diet almost 4 weeks ago I always had whey protein shake with fruit and/or ricecakes after training. I have still be having my whey shake but with nuts. But thinking having the nuts are slowing down the digestion of the protein? I may be over thinking this, lol!
I am a natural bodybuilder and do see nutrition as important. What are others having post training? This way of eating is new to me , but it suits me just fine.

Replies

• SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Up until I started LCHF diet almost 4 weeks ago I always had whey protein shake with fruit and/or ricecakes after training. I have still be having my whey shake but with nuts. But thinking having the nuts are slowing down the digestion of the protein? I may be over thinking this, lol!
    I am a natural bodybuilder and do see nutrition as important. What are others having post training? This way of eating is new to me , but it suits me just fine.

Even if the added fat from the nuts slows down protein digestion you're still going to utilize the protein. It would be essentially no different than going home and eating a meal after your training, and that's an effective method as well.
  • karryann2008
    Options
    Thank you, thought I was over complicating things, I'll continue with the nuts as I have been doing ....