Debunking the paleo diet

Options
2»

Replies

• Howbouto
    Howbouto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    I think Fresh Food diet. No one could hate on that right? (Who am I kidding haters are going to hate!!!) Personally, I am very picky on who I use the words Paleo with. I often say "I feel best when I'm not eating sugar and grains and when I am eating lots of veggies and healthy fats (who cares if I thing bacon is a healthy fat!)"
  • pluckypaleo
    pluckypaleo Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    i use Paleo because its an identifier. I mean, I am not a huge fan of being thought of as a cave man, but honestly I have never felt better since I decided to adopt the Paleo eating guidelines. I am happy to tell people about it if they want to know, but honestly this is ultimately MY choice and my husbands. We chose this life style because his doctor told him he needed to cut back on the gluten because it was causing his organ counts to be way too high. He is 29! No 29 year old should be having issues with their organs. I am proud of how we are both turning our health issues around, him with his organ counts being off and me with being over weight. I love this lifestyle and who CARES about the name. People know what it is based of the name society chose for it. My main beef with it is that vegetarians think that we are so unhealthy. Leave me alone, because I am over here eating REAL FOOD!! Go preach to the people eating McDonalds POISON. I don't know if any of you have looked into the whole eating right for your blood type thing, but I read that too and that was part of my decision to go paleo. As type O I am supposed to be a meat eater. So I used that philosophy to help me decide that Paleo was for us, we are both O and it cuts out gluten.