Temptations

Options
I've been dieting for 3 weeks and I've been okay but I guess my body got fed up with all the chicken and veggies. I'm having a hard time resisting temptations (>~<) what do you guys eat when you have a sweet tooth?

Replies

• jtwizzler2014
    Options
    One of my big go to's is bananas! They always seem to satisfy!
  • ashleighstarling
    Options
    Dark chocolate is a good reasonably healthy treat!
  • nenshali
    nenshali Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love chocolate, but I'm horrble at portion sizes. If I know there is an open bar of chocolate in the house.. it won't stay there for long :laugh:

What I started doing was adding some chocolate sprinkles or chocolate muesli over my breakfast oatmeals. I'm craving the chocolate muss less this way and I use maximum 20g of chocolate and it satisfies me.
    fruit yogurt is also helping me. I used to mix up plain yogurt with fruit myself but I must confess that right now, I prefer the mixed way. 100g plain yogurt with a banana or something would approx. have the the same calories that my 150g fruit yogurts have, but the ones I buy are much sweeter and it's helping if I crave something.

And try to bring up some variation in your general meals. If it feels like a total restriction, it's much harder to stay strong!
    You should still be able to enjoy your food :)

I for example am slowly finding a balance between eating what I like, eating enough to get full, eating regularly and eating healthily (so that I don't miss out my macros at all). If I get to the point where I can handle sweets better (they are really hard for me, I love LOVE LOVE them haha) and if I can do more sports on a daily basis, I'll be happy :flowerforyou:
  • stephie_k143
    stephie_k143 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    For recipe variations, create your recipe on here to see how much you can eat of it. I don't really restrict myself a whole lot, also you can go to Cookinglight.com it has hundreds of recipes, lots of traditional recipes changed into lighter/healthier but just as delicious (sometimes even more so) as the original. My sweet tooth creeps up all the time! I find that when I make a chocolate protein shake In the morning it helps curb it for the rest of the day. Carbs are a big temptation for me too, I love tortillas, lol I make a lot of things into a taco. Also fruit is a good way to curb that sweet tooth, its healthy sugars and healthy all around. Right now citrus is in season so clementines are not lasting in my house :) everytime I get a sweet craving I grab a piece of fruit. Im trying to cut refined sugar out of my diet since its so addicting and bad for you.
  • EMBERAMBER14
    EMBERAMBER14 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    i sadly got got in temptations twice this week . on Sunday when i saw a movie i got a candy without even thinking. and today i was running late and the only think i could get for breakfast was a doughnut