WOWZER!

Options
I have been dropping weight pretty consistently, but realized I like the JUDDD way of thinking. So, i started it and lost almost 3 lbs this week! It was almost like i was just starting a new diet.
I think my body likes it. I know my overall out look on long term sustainability does! Lol

Just needed to share. I know this group isnt very active, but there ya go. My success on week 1!

Replies

• sixpacklady
    sixpacklady Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    awesome!!

how much are you eating on DD/UD? Any workouts?
  • Momto4minions
    Momto4minions Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I am walking right now to get a handle on adjusting to the change, Strangely, I seem to have more energy on my down day and less on my up. I think this is because i exercise in the morning and I am pulling from the fuel from the day before? I walk several miles on the tread mill, 3 on average at 4.0 mph.

Anyhow, I am at 500 on DD and shoot for over 1700 and closer to 1900 on UD. It took me a bit to figure out.
  • dittmarml
    dittmarml Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Very nice!! Glad it's working for you!
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    :smile:
  • kel7298
    kel7298 Posts: 1,542 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
  • jchrisman717
    jchrisman717 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Awesome! That's encouraging for sure. I'm starting today on a DD. I've plugged my numbers in and need to plan because I do have days that should be DD that will need to be MD because of the activity I am doing. Here's my plan for the next two weeks if anyone wants to check my numbers and chime in - I'm game to advice. My stats are 5'2"; Female; 170 weight; 49 age.

Today (Friday): 500 (I may be a little over as I'm still adjusting)
    Saturday - UP - 2257
    Sunday - MD (riding trials motorcycles so need a little more energy) 1400 (2/3 of my UP)
    Monday - DD 500
    Tuesday - UP 2257
    Wednesday MD 1400 (Chili day at work - going to try to do less than the 1400 though
    Thursday UP 2257
    Friday DD 500
    Saturday UP 2257
    Sunday MD 1400
    Monday DD 500
    Tuesday UP 2257
    Wednesday DD 500
    Thursday UP 2257
    Friday DD 500

Ok - question - should I take a few UP days around a medium day lower than a normal UP day?

Thanks I would appreciate any input.
  • Momto4minions
    Momto4minions Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    If I have to do a mid day, the I tend to do two or go to a DD. The idea is that every two days average out to a mid day. So insteado f daily calorie counting, I think of it as counting calories every two days to hit weight loss cals.
    So, if I wanted to maintain 1400 cals each day, on the every other day /JUDDD plan, i could eat 500 on DD and 2300 on up. If I need a mid day, i just try to make the totals 2800 for two days.

Does that make sense? I want my weekly cals to be the deficit I want and upping a low day and not lowering an up day will take my overall cals for the week to high and may negate weight loss.

However, I am still learning, but this is how it is working for me.