losing the last 10lbs

Options
Hello, I have increase my exercise to 5 days a week. I jog/walk 4.5 miles about 3 times a week. I do either a boot camp class or spin class once a week. Also, i do the Jillian Michael's boost your metabolism at least 1 or 2 times a week. I was steady at 135 now im stuck at 137!!!!!

What can i do, also im eating under 1200 cal!! Please help!!

Replies

• Apinget
    Apinget Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I would say that with how active you are you should actually try to increase your caloric intake to make sure you're hitting 1200 or slightly higher. If you're working out 5 days a week (which I myself do too) you need to make sure you're properly feeding the muscles that are trying to grow which will in turn help speed up your metabolism, since maintaining muscle mass requires more calories for your body. If you continue to work out as much as you are with the inadequate amounts of fuel your body will eventually run on e and start stripping you of your definition leaving you less toned and you'll continue to plateau.

I was originally on a strict 1200 a day plan but had to increase to 1400 because not only was I feeling fatigued, I was plateauing and not seeing results. Once I increased the calories I felt less foggy, was able to push myself harder and am leaning up quite nicely! It sounds super counter productive to eat more calories but I'm sure your body will thank you once you shake things up and make it happy with the food it needs to power your work outs!

Good luck~
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I have to agree with the previous post, you have to eat more. Think of it like this, food is fuel so in order for your body to be at optimum level it needs to be fueled evenly no highs and lows, it won't recognize the changes between the highs and lows to balance itself and utilize the fuel to its full potential.

I know sometimes it's hard to grasp that while we really want to lose weight and that means eating less that it really is not that simple or straight forward for the most part :smile: When we add exercise to optimize our body we need to fuel it correctly to do that. I go through this myself, I try and keep my calories down and right before that TOM I start eating a little more and I will lose about 2-3 pounds during that week - Crazy!!

I have a goal for April to really work on my macro and hopefully get my eating to a point where I know what and how to eat to maintain a decent balance without intentionally working on it.

I wish you the best!