Work out Schedule

Options
AngelRae83
AngelRae83 Posts: 60 Member
Hey im new here and new to these DVD's what is your schedule like and what ones do you do?

Replies

• Ely34
    Ely34 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I just started using the videos. So far I'm enjoying them. The time flies by. I subscribe to Gaiam TV and have access to a lot of the videos. I pick a different one each time.
  • liha0808
    liha0808 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I just started today and trying to figure out what her pace is on the 1 mile video, anyone know?
  • AngelRae83
    AngelRae83 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    not sure what the pace is im still new to this
  • 4thoseilove
    Options
    Hi there! I've been doing Leslie's videos for a few years now. My favorite 'go to' DVD is her '5-Mile Fat Burning Walk'. I really feel like I've had a strong workout after doing that one.

Deborah
  • cyberlucy
    cyberlucy Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    The pace on the one mile is about is about 4 miles per hour. Some of her DVDs are higher more like 4.5 to 5 miles an hour
  • whydoesitmatter2
    whydoesitmatter2 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I watch her videos on youtube!! I am so thankful for them being there for free because if they were not I know I would have never tried them!! I have recently recovered from a bad hip injury during my last pregnancy, and finally felt strong enough to do some sort of exercise and these videos were just perfect. I started with the 1 mile and worked up to 2 miles and now I am doing 3 mile very brisk!! I try to do that 4x or 5x a week. Im sure I will purchase some in the future as well.
  • eisners
    eisners Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Love the five long miles DVD. That way if I need a rest day I can only do two miles with the warm up and cool down. Didn't realize how hard of a workout I could get from these! At mile 4 I am drenched in sweat!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Hey im new here and new to these DVD's what is your schedule like and what ones do you do?

My preference for Leslie DVDs....mostly just cardio ones and I like "boosted walking" or higher impact options. 4 Mile Power Walk, 3 Mile Weight Loss Walk, and Walk Strong are faves.

A well rounded exercise routine will have both cardio (heart health, stamina, good calorie burn) and strength training to help retain lean muscle, good for bone health, and lots of other benefits.

Leslie DVDs are mostly cardio, but if you want to do a combination of cardio & strength here are Leslie strength training ideas:

Walk It Off in 30 Days has 2 workouts ....30 minutes walking and 30 minutes strength training.

7 Day Calorie Blast is a compilation DVD with 2 strength training sections (about 25 minutes each).....one upper & one lower (formerly known as Shortcuts). Several walking workouts to choose from on this DVD also.

Ultimate 5 Day Walk has 4 short strength training sections. This is a nice programmable 5 mile walk...you can add small strength training sections where you want to. This is a nice introduction to strength training.

Fat Burning miles is a compilation DVD that has 3 walking workouts & 1 circuit training workout. Circuit training combines walking and strength training....the circuit workout is called Walk Away the Pounds - Walk Strong.

There is also Walk Strong Express- it's a lighter version of a circuit workout...it uses stretchie bands and not weights.

If you need a nice stretch or are not as flexible as you want to be....You Can Do Yoga is a nice intro. This was actually the first yoga DVD I enjoyed. Very relaxing and stress relieving. There is also You Can Do Abs (not recommended, very easy).