New Member Intro

Options
:flowerforyou: Please take the time and introduce yourself. We would like to hear about your experiences up to this point and maybe a bit about what you hope to gain from the group. Thanks and keep up the hard work, you are doing great!

Replies

• lovemyboys1976
    Options
    My name is Amy, I am trying to kick start my body into working correctly. I recently was feeling sluggish and couldn't figure out what was going on. After a little research I decided that it must be my diet and eating habits. So I am in the process of changing all that. I have been on Nutrisytem for 5 whole days now, my id is DevilLooksLikeAnAngel and I have played around with myfitnesspal for some time now.

I hope to gain tricks and ideas related to using the tools from both of these sites as well as make new friends. So far I have found that the logging of regular foods, not Nutri foods is a lot easier to do here. I do however enjoy the overwhelming support from Nutri as well as live counselors to answer questions. I believe that combining the two programs will be the most beneficial.

I am going to add some personal stuff to my intro since I do not have it on my profile here. I am going to be 38 this year. I have been married 11 years and have 2 boys. I work part time at a hardware store and love to be out of the house doing stuff on my days off.
  • SOC1950
    SOC1950 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Clark and I'm a foodohalic. I started nutrisistem a week ago and i've lost 12 pounds so far. I'm not the kind of person that joins so I feel uneasy. It looks like i'm the 2nd member in this group and the 1st member joined 2 years ago. Not a popular group. We'll see how things go with time.
  • eddiecastro77
    eddiecastro77 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi, My name is Eddie,

I joined Nutrisystem last January 2013, and lost 22lbs in the first 2 months. Yay me!!!??? Haven't lost an ounce since (sarcasm?). I lose 2-3lbs one week and gain 2-3lbs the next for the last year. I track everything on myfitnesspal religiously and work out 2 times a day and eat relatively healthy. I walk or light elliptical for 15-30min every morning and do my P90X workout at lunch. I eat every NS meal, SC and PF required but cant seem to get over my 210lbs hump. I'm 5'9 and 37yrs old. I recently up'd my calorie intake to see if that helps but so far nothing. Would love some insight from a fellow Nutrisystem-er. I want to stay on the program for the ease of the food prep but not sure its helping me to lose anymore? My diary is open so feel free to scan. You'll see I eat back some of my calories but my net is still typically below my 1500 calories Nutrisytem recommends for men. Anyways, that's my story.
  • SOC1950
    SOC1950 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Eddie, gland I'm not the only one. I'm going to see If I can get my buddy Art to join. this group.
  • lovemyboys1976
    Options
    Hi Clark and Eddie, I started this group yesterday, because the other Nutrisystem Group on here went stale about 8 months ago. I have been using myfitnesspal for two years? Wow that was a long time ago. There is talk of Nutrisystem joining forces with MyFitnessPal, because the technology here is way more advanced.

* Todays Tip*

I found it easier to scan my foods via the myfitnesspal app, it even works on the Nutri meals (except some of the small bowl shaped dinners and lunches) and transfer it over to Nutrisystem. Be careful of the transfer of other foods though, some portion and calorie stuff does not equal up. I have been able to adjust qty to match them up.

Thanks for joining. If you have any thread ideas, problems or things you have discovered, feel free to start up a thread on it. This group is meant to share helpful tips to balance between the two.
  • lovemyboys1976
    Options
    Wow! I wish I lost as much as you dudes have! I don't even think I will reach my Fast 5 goal tomorrow and I have been religious with the nutri plan. The exercise not so much. Starting Saturday huge workout planned and gonna get with it every day.

Eddie, maybe the weight thing isn't happening cause you are turning your flabbys into muscle. You are working out a ton, I am betting that's the case. Have you looked into any of the fitness shakes? I purchased one called EAS Lean 15, to have one a day when my trial ones are gone from my nutri intro package.

Clark, foodie lol, aren't we all? I am totally missing my salty chips what I wouldnt give for some ruffles, but tonight I bought rice cakes to curb that crave. I hope you stick it out for awhile. And feel free to rope people into joining, the more we have the more helpful that will be for everyone.
  • ssarabear
    ssarabear Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi newbie started group. My name is Sara, I am 31 years old, no children, no husband. I am generally on a different diet, and failing lately (over the last 7-8 months). Prior to this, I was very successful on a low carb/ high exercise diet, and lost about 50 lbs (I've gained back 20 of it). I am tired of the eggs and chicken only diet. I saw the nutrisystem starter kit at walmart, and decided to give this a go. The food is good, and I have also ordered the 28 day plan. My goal is to get down to 150 from 200.
    I'm sure that we all have been on every diet out there, as we are all foodies. Let's see how this does.
    I'm concerned with the amount of processed foods..... however... my theory is- doing this for 6 months to get to my goal must be better than staying overweight forever??
    Anyone else read the food contents? Some of it is a little scary...

P.S. I am a registered nurse.
  • lovemyboys1976
    Options
    Hi Sara,

Welcome to the group. I do not like processed foods. I about died when I had to eat microwaved dinners. The great thing about the program is that you learn how to portion other foods. I like what I have learned about what is a healthy choice and how much to eat. It takes a little bit more time to dissect other foods and log them. MyFitPal is really helpful with that because there are a lot of foods on here already as well as using the scanner on the phone app version. That is the reason why I am active on both sites. Good luck!