Introduce Yourself

Options
kcasey155
kcasey155 Posts: 968 Member
Hi, I'm Karen. I'm in Surrey, England and this is my second attempt at walking 100 miles in a month.

Replies

• sowich25
    sowich25 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Name is Mike for Upstate NY
  • surreychic
    surreychic Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'm from Surrey too (we have no excuse not to walk here!).

I'm up for the challenge :-)
  • Steph7x
    Steph7x Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Steph and I'm from Liverpool.
    This is my first attempt at walking 100miles in a month!
    I'm averaging about 2.5 and 6 miles a day with my Fitbit, I really hope I can hit 100 miles by April 1st!
  • Tropics69
    Options
    This sounds like a good challenge.. I'm Stew from Victoria.. Australia. Looking forward to seeing how I go on this one.
  • albinocuriousity
    Options
    Hi,

I'm Lis from Wimauma. Never done this before. I'm looking forward to the quality time walking with my dog.
  • alicemelinda1
    Options
    Hi! I'm Alice from Newhaven UK, i'm 27 and have a 3 month old daughter. This looks like the perfect way to exercise with my baby as I can take her for nice long walks! I have in total about 50lb of weight to lose so this challenge should help get my fitness levels up :)
  • flatlndr
    flatlndr Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm on the Surrey/London border. I hit 100 mile target for Feb as of yesterday, and I'm looking forward to doing it again in March. Since I hit 100 in Feb, my goal for March is to exceed 4 miles every day, and if we get a break from the rain, try to get out for at least one 8-10 mile hill walk.
  • Thelmalou85
    Options
    Hello:

I'm Thelma. I live in Columbus Ohio. I have never tried to walk 100 miles in a month before. I look forward to the challenge.

Best of luck to all!
  • I'm Shar. I'm from Berkshire but now live in beautiful Pembrokeshire. This sounds like a great challenge and the perfect excuse to start seeing more of the countryside and beaches that are on my doorstep.

Good luck all :)
  • kasaz
    kasaz Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Karen from Scottsdale, Arizona. Our weather is perfect this month and I have lots of hikes planned already. My goal had been to hike a minimum of 20 miles a week. Now with this challenge I'll just know 25 is the minimum. Thanks for starting the challenge!
  • aza310
    Options
    Hi I am Torrie from New Jersey. This is my first challenge so I am looking forward to it!
  • RamonaMoon
    RamonaMoon Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Hi fellow walkers! I'm Jenny from Dublin, Ireland and I love walking so hopefully this is the right group for me :-) Good luck everyone!
  • MichaelDST
    MichaelDST Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Good day all. I am Michael from Alberta. This is going to be a great March!
  • mysize8
    mysize8 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

I'm from Las Vegas, NV and looking forward to this walking challenge.:smile:
  • waterpixie4
    waterpixie4 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm Loretta from Washington and I'm excited to start this. Nothing like a plan to keep you going. 1st time attempting this.
  • madyooch
    madyooch Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hello!!

Im Mary from Upstate NY- Im in!! I just started doing shakeology as well- so this will go along with that great!

Looking forward to an Awesome March!
  • Kimmers411
    Kimmers411 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Kim, and I live in Norfolk Virginia. I'm currently walking 3.5 miles about four days a week. I used to be able to do 4.5 a day/5-6 days a week, and I am trying to build back up to that. I am also going to be out of town for 8 days this month (three of them driving), so hoping this challenge will help me to exercise while visiting my friend, because I normally do not even with best intentions to do so.
  • erinlmatta
    erinlmatta Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! My name is Erin and I live in Louisville, KY. This is a challenge I'm up for and I'm so ready! :)
  • herculzjo
    herculzjo Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Connie and I live in northern Wisconsin. I am doing the February challenge and hope to finish out at 150 miles. I had never done anything like that before, and went way more than I thought I could.That being said, it is not how far you actually go, but that you are doing it. The challenge makes you want to do more. Whatever you do is better than sitting on the couch. I am in again for March and hope I can do it again. Enjoy!!!!!:wink::wink:
  • carac77
    carac77 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm Cara from Rhode Island. This is my first month long challenge. I'm excited to get walking!