Low Carb Challange Anyone?

Options
2»

Replies

• spottedkathy
    spottedkathy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Add me in. What day of the week are we weighing in on?
  • Citrislazer
    Citrislazer Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    It would be like the challenge that was on here last year. I'd like it to run until Memorial Day. Anyone would be welcome to join the challenge at any time. The challenge would be based on a % of weight lost each week. Here's the formula:

Formula for figuring %
    1. starting weight - current weight
    2. divide weight lost by starting weight
    3. Mutliply by 100

For example, step 1: 180lbs - 175lbs = 5lbs; step 2: 5lbs / 180lbs = .028; step 3: .028 x 100 = 2.78%

Your starting weight is your current weight at the start of this challenge, i.e. when you "sign up."

I'll post a new topic every Monday with the list of participants and their current progress. Participants can then reply with what their new total weight loss percentage is for that week and I'll update the list. We all weigh at different times during the week, so you can post your weekly update at any time in the current weekly challenge topic.

If you're still up for the challenge, let me know in this post. I'll add your name to the list next Monday for Week 1 progress updates.

Let's have fun!

karryann above are some details about the challenge.

spottedkathy weigh in is whatever day of the week you prefer. It's a pretty easy going challenge.
  • karryann2008
    Options
    Thank you , I missed that post!
  • lisajsund
    lisajsund Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Cool. Do you want our starting weight this week?
  • Citrislazer
    Citrislazer Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Nope, scouts honor. Just make note of your current weight this week. It's based on percentage, so shy peeps don't have to give their actual weight. I have to say I'm really happy with the response so far. I didn't think anyone would be interested. I hope we can all have fun with this and feed on each other's success. :happy:
  • caitaurelius
    caitaurelius Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Oo can I join in?!
    It'll be my first challenge, and hopefully provide the little extra motivation I've been looking for! :)
  • heatherdr
    heatherdr Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join too. I need a little extra push to keep me honest :) and to hopefully hit my next goal!
  • TattooTwinset
    Options
    I'm in.
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    Initial weight: 78.6kg
  • TattooTwinset
    Options
    203.4 lbs
  • malou1985
    malou1985 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'll take that challenge. Just to clarify challenge is to 'run'? S certain distance? Days?
  • TattooTwinset
    Options
    Challenge is based on percentages lost per week.
  • donnaamarie
    Options
    I'd like to participate in this challenge.
  • TattooTwinset
    Options
    3/10/14:

1.) Starting Weight: 203.4 lbs (on 3/3) - Current Weight: -199.8 lbs = 3.6 lbs

2.) 3.6 lbs / 203.4= 0.0176

3.) 0.0176 * 100= 1.769

4:) Total Lost: 1.77%

:glasses: SQUEE!!!!!!!
  • lisajsund
    lisajsund Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I weigh on Wednesdays, so I'll post then.
    I'll admit, I've been off of my low carb since my brother's wedding two weeks ago.
    But, back on track today. Hopefully my weight on Wednesday will be a little lower than last week due to the loss of water weight!

Great job TattooTwinset - that's a wonderful loss for the week!