A.I.P or those having issues with nightshades

Options
Here is a brilliant looking recipe for a non tomato based marinara sauce called nomato sauce
http://www.howweflourish.com/2013/07/05/nomato-sauce/

Replies

• Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. I can't get beets here but I could order some in my grocery order... that recipe might be a little carby for me but it's still cool to see a different idea.

My poor kid, her favourite thing is spaghetti sauce and she doesn't get it often because of my limiting the nightshades so carefully. Seriously, I am the biggest tomato/pepper lover ever, but pain-free joints is so awesome that limiting the nightshades is totally worth it. I don't know if I ever would have gotten to the point of intentionally eliminating them, so it was very cool that it just happened by accident that I didn't eat them for two weeks and made the discovery- one example of why logging food is useful. Now I remain pain-free just by keeping nightshade portions small and only a few times per week.
  • justaspoonfulofsugar
    Options
    I can't eat tomatoes at all,I have been reacting to them for my entire life but only stopped eating them when I changed my eating habits to paleo.
    I even grew my own,organic ones last summer and didn't eat one.
    I have also always had an issue with digesting peppers,I don't even like the smell of them..especially green,always had a huge aversion to them.
    I do miss aubergine though but don't bother with them.If all the others are an issue,surely they can't be good for me either.
    Hope you can find some beets,sure your dd would love to have a nice marinara sauce.