Need buddies!

LolaBug85
LolaBug85 Posts: 201 Member
So, I fell off the Couch to 5k wagon back in September because I started my kickboxing classes and have been consumed with that. I plan on doing a few 5k's this Spring/Summer so I need to get back to it.

I'm going to start the C25K again today. Anyone else interesting in doing this with me as well? It's an awesome program!!! It's much easier to do things like this when you have accountability from friends!

Replies

• TheMobileMom
    TheMobileMom Posts: 66 Member
    I would be happy to join you. I am training for my 2nd 1/2 marathon in May. I don't think the length matters as much as actually putting my shoes on and running. Let me know.
  • LolaBug85
    I would be happy to join you. I am training for my 2nd 1/2 marathon in May. I don't think the length matters as much as actually putting my shoes on and running. Let me know.

Good for you! That sounds awesome! I started day 1 last night and I feel pretty darn good about it!
  • stroynaya
    stroynaya Posts: 326 Member
    Looked up the training schedule for the 12K I want to do in May. It's completely doable in two months. Day 1 this morning went well.
  • LolaBug85
    Looked up the training schedule for the 12K I want to do in May. It's completely doable in two months. Day 1 this morning went well.

Yay sounds good!
  • TheMobileMom
    Just an update. Finished my long run (5 mi) on Saturday - Week 2 Hal Higdon's Novice 2. Not a stellar time (10:20 splits), but it felt really good to get out and run. I ran part of the race path. Sunday I squeezed in a 3 mi run before the rain/snow hit. Used yesterday as my rest day. Trying to figure out how to run today with the kids home from school. Road run is out as it is 12 degrees right now. May pack them up and go to the gym later, or just run in place for 30 minutes.
  • stroynaya
    stroynaya Posts: 326 Member
    Finished the first week of training. Had to cram most of it into the last half of the week due to bad weather, but I got it in.
  • TheMobileMom
    Well did my runs last week despite the yucky weather.

Tues I ran 3 mi in the house. It was really fun hearing the kids go, "Mommy, no running in the house!"
    Wed hit the dreadmill, after PT - 3mi (speedwork)
    Thurs - dreadmill while kiddos at TaeKwonDo - 30 min of rolling hills level 6 (This one just kills me)
    Fri/Sat - Rest
    Sun - 6 mi run out by my house (10:06 splits). Need to even my pace out a bit, but legs and lungs felt good.

Today, Mon is cross training. Going to ride the bike at the gym and give my tootsies a rest.