Breakfast recipes, please share yous.

Options
Veronikkka
Veronikkka Posts: 19 Member
We all on the go, can you please share your "quick, in the rush" and "weekend" recipes with a calories if possible. Thank you.

Replies

• vicabn
    vicabn Posts: 5
    Options
    We all on the go, can you please share your "quick, in the rush" and "weekend" recipes with a calories if possible. Thank you.

Spray pan with pam and sautee 1 diced small tomato; 1/2 small onion, diced until tender.
    Whisk 2 eggs with tbsp water; add 1/2 tsp basil

Very fresh tasting! The basil makes all the difference.
  • julia_khon
    Options
    299 cal, 7 g fiber, 25g protein

- Les Graines St-methode - Whole Grain 100% Loaf With Sprouted Wheat, 2 slices
    - Maple Leaf Natural Selections - Oven Roasted Turkey Breast Slices, 32 grams (2 slices)
    - Egg Land's Best - Pouched Egg, 1 egg
    - Cream cheese, light
    - Tomato
    - Coffee with maple
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    I often make breakfast burritos a head of time and then freeze. My go to recipe is:

12 medium eggs, scrambled
    3 bell peppers (any color), diced
    1 large onion (any color), diced
    20 Whole Wheat tortillas, (I used La Tortilla Factory - Low Carb Whole Wheat Tortillas)
    1 bag of shredded Pepper Cheese
    2 tubes of Reduced Fat Pork Breakfast Sausage (I used Jimmy Dean, you can also use turkey or chicken sausage)
    Cooking Spray

Brown the sausage in a non-stick pan, then remove with a slotted spoon and place on paper towels to catch any extra fat. Pour off all but 1 tablespoon of the drippings from the pan. Add onions and peppers and saute until tender. Pour into a large bowl, zeroed out upon a weight scale. In the same pan (DO NOT WIPE OUT), add and cook the eggs light and fluffy. Add eggs to peppers and onions, and also add the sausage. Take note of weight of the mixture (write this number down, we will get back to it in a bit). Mix the contents up well.

Place a sheet of alluminum foil down on a cleared work space (you want it to be about a 12x12 square). Then, place a sheet of parchment paper down over the alluminum foil (about the same size). Then place a tortilla shell down. Divide the mixture's weight by 20, and place a porton onto the tortilla shell. Top with 7 grams of the shredded cheese. To roll the burrito:

How-to-Roll-a-Burrito.jpg

Then roll the burrito in the parchment paper, and then roll the alluminum foil around that. Place into gallon sized freezer bags and freeze. Then when you are ready to eat, take one out, throw away the alluminum foil and microwave the burrito for 2 minutes. Burritos will last about 3 months in the fridge.

Stats (based on what I used to make them):
    Calories: 259
    Carbs: 21g
    Fat: 15g (to make this even lower, used chicken breakfast sausage)
    Protein: 20g
    Fiber: 14g
  • 40DayFit
    40DayFit Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    LOVE the idea of the pre-made breakfast burritos!

Thanks for sharing your ideas, everyone.
  • bioncaweatherall
    Options
    Breakfast Square'D

Egg Whites - Scrambled, 12 large Egg, Wegmans - Low Fat Colby Jack Shredded Cheese, 2 cups Butterball - Turkey Bacon Everyday Original, 4 slice chopped small, Simply Potatoes - Shredded Hash Browns, 1 C, Generic - Diced Red Bell Pepper, 1 cup, Generic - Yellow Onion, Diced, 1 cup, Raw Spinach - Fresh Spinach Leaves, 1 cup (rough chopped), 2 small new red potatoes

In a large pan heat 2 Tbsp of oil (your choice) add diced veggies and sautee until the potatoes are almost soft still a bit firm in the middle and the onions are almost see through. Once veggies are halfway through the cooking process add the chopped meat and cook covered for 10 minutes covered. In a large casserole dish line the bottom with 1/2 cup of shredded hasbrown and a sprinkling of cheese. Add veggie/bacon mix to 12 egg whites mixed. Pour ver hasbrowns and bake for 15 to 20 minutes at 350

Calorie Total: 117 per serving
  • losing615
    losing615 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Love the idea with the burrito def need to try that. I'm just getting back on losing weight again. I was going to have fruit smoothies for breakfast for the first week. All will frozen fruits and with yogurt or almond milk.
  • focused4health
    focused4health Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Sunday with a Coffee

Bread - White, toasted, 120 g

30 grms light Ricotta

15 grms vegemite

Toast spread thickly and enjoy
    :smokin:
  • focused4health
    focused4health Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Sunday with a Coffee
    Calories Carbs Fat Protein Cholest Sodium Sugars Fiber

Breakfast
    Bread - White, toasted, 120 g 352 65g 5g 11g 1mg 710mg 6g 3g
    Pantalica - Smooth Light Ricotta Cheese, 30 g 31 1g 1g 4g 0mg 30mg 1g 0g
    Kraft - Vegemite, 15 g 30 2g 0g 4g 0mg 519mg 0g 1g

TOTAL: 413 68g 6g 19g 1mg 1,259mg 7g 4g

• growingirl
    growingirl Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Love this idea, could even pack one in Hubby's lunch ! Thanks
  • Gemini61454
    Gemini61454 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    During the week I cook up a 4 day batch of Rye Flakes or Steel Cut Oats. Then on hectic mornings I reheat it with lots of goodies (pb2,chia seed, almond milk, banana, raisins, spices). Nice hot breakfast in about 2 minutes. On weekends I make homemade whole wheat waffles, or cook up a big pan of scrambled eggs with various veggies, maybe some ground meat or bacon/ham. Then there are leftovers for during the week for a quick reheat. Can be wrapped, eaten alone or with a muffin or toast. Cut up mixed fruit too and have a little of that with, or in a container for the road. The eggs can be baked in muffin cups too for single servings.
  • 718elizabeth
    Options
    I buy Steel Cut Oats at Whole Foods but have no time to cook them in the morning for work. I found this simple recipe and it works fine. Just heat up in microwave. You can double it up if you like a bigger serving.

Overnight Oats
    1/2 cup steel cut oats
    3/4 cup milk

Mix together night before.
    I add Truvia and cinnamon at night.
    Of course you can add whatever you like to this basic recipe.

Also-I like to make my own salad dressings.
    I buy good olive oil for my base. I was thrilled to find these basic recipes.Follow this link and scroll down below the Healthy Green Goddess dressing (the only one I haven't tried yet). All are really good and make a small amount. I use an old Wishbone salad dressing jar to mix mine.
    http://www.acouplecooks.com/2014/02/healthy-green-goddess-dressing/
  • Veronikkka
    Veronikkka Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thank you All. Very helpful ideas.
  • sswollard
    sswollard Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Market Day school fundraising has an egg white omelet and cheese for 60 calories. Top with salsa and it holds me over for some time. I make Dr. Mike's power cookies but in tiny bite sized version. Pop one on the way to work with coffee.
  • merebellelynn
    merebellelynn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi all!!

This is my favorite "Indulgent" breakfast recipe!! It's so yummy, and so great to start your day with! I've made them probably 5x now, and each time I add either different fruit, or maybe a few bits of dark chocolate (yeah, I went there!!) and they're all delicious!!

The BEST whole wheat oatmeal pancakes ever:

http://sallysbakingaddiction.com/2013/11/04/whole-wheat-oatmeal-pancakes/
  • JG762
    JG762 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Tag for the frozen burritie...
  • Fattygasted
    Fattygasted Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi, when I am in a rush I take 1c org spinach, 1 org carrot, 2 small org red radishes, 2 leaves org Kale (no stalk) 1 tbsp of ground flax, 1 tbsp of chia seed 1/2c mixed berries, 1/4 c unsweetened applesauce (or a small fuji apple) and blend them together to make a liquid meal on the go. Since I love sweet things the berries and the applesauce satisfies my sweet cravings.
  • MFAB8258
    MFAB8258 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    It's not really my recipe, but I modified it to lower the amount of sugar/stevia, increase the cinnamon and vanilla, and to add toppings. It's an acceptable substitute for pancakes (albeit a bit spongy and not as light as real pancakes, though no healthy option really is):

Protein Pancakes:
    1/2 C Rolled Oats (quick oats preferably)
    4 Egg Whites
    1 tsp Stevia
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    1/2 tsp cinnamon
    Dash of nutmeg and/or ginger

Topping:
    1/4 C Plain Nonfat Yogurt
    1/2 C Frozen Mixed Berries or Peaches, unsweetened

Wisk together and cook on stovetop on medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side. Heat berries in microwave to desired temperature. Top pancake with berries and yogurt. Enjoy.