Anyone on garmin connect?

Options
neil3125
neil3125 Posts: 39 Member
I love using garmin connect, but I only have a couple of contacts on there. I like seeing what other people are doing (distance, pace, etc) because that motivates me. If any of you are on garmin connect, I'd love for you to send me a connection request or I can send you one. My handle on there is "mneilwoodall," the same as my MFP handle. Thanks.

Neil

Replies

• HornedFrogPride
    HornedFrogPride Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Howdy Neil, I'll send you a request. I'm "smurf1993" on Garmin Connect if any of you want to add me. -Jeremy
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    My Garmin Connect id is rbsharpe56 (I'm terrible at keeping it up to date - I have a pile of editing to do as it automatically thinks everything is running with the Forerunner 610)
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    All my stuff gets uploaded there, but I never log in. I use RunningAhead.com as my primary log.
  • TheBrolympus
    TheBrolympus Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I added you, mine is Kennethr. I'm the guy eating the corndog!. :)
  • KeithAngilly
    KeithAngilly Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I use the same username as I do here. Feel free to send me a connect request.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Same screen name as here, but I don't do the social stuff there. It's more of a backup to the backup. Like Carson, I use (and strongly endorse) RunningAhead.com

https://www.runningahead.com/logs/e5ffddff35f84ba5881bb0816a0f435a
  • KeithAngilly
    Options
    Is there a social aspect to it? If there is, I haven't really seen it! I also mostly park my workouts there and use Sporttracks3 for analysis. I am also on Strava, same username, if anyone is interested in that.
  • ATT949
    ATT949 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    If you're using Garmin Connect you've got to grab a copy of ConnectStats for your iOS device.

Unfortunately, Garman Connect rolled out a new version recently. They broke quite a few things, including the automatic login feature in ConnectStats. Despite that, I would recommend that you download ConnectStats - there's a manual log in feature that you can use until Garmin and ConnectStats play nice again.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Is there a social aspect to it? If there is, I haven't really seen it! I also mostly park my workouts there and use Sporttracks3 for analysis. I am also on Strava, same username, if anyone is interested in that.

If you're talking about RunningAhead, there's no social aspect or "friends," except for some messageboards.
  • KeithAngilly
    Options
    If you're using Garmin Connect you've got to grab a copy of ConnectStats for your iOS device.

Unfortunately, Garman Connect rolled out a new version recently. They broke quite a few things, including the automatic login feature in ConnectStats. Despite that, I would recommend that you download ConnectStats - there's a manual log in feature that you can use until Garmin and ConnectStats play nice again.

as a grizzled veteran of Garmin's "upgrades", I haven't done anything with the latest stuff they rolled out. I love my 310xt, but I get nervous when they start messing around with things...
  • KeithAngilly
    Options

If you're talking about RunningAhead, there's no social aspect or "friends," except for some messageboards.

No, I was talking about GC. I do like seeing what other folks are doing in the feed.
  • humanhamster
    Options
    Just sent you a request. Did you know you can automatically import your Garmin runs into RunKeeper then sync that with myfitnesspal? It works seamlessly. I use my Garmin 610 for all my tracking. By syncing it across, my Data is stored in 2 locations, and it's automatically entered into myfitnesspal under exercise for me.
  • neil3125
    neil3125 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the responses and for all the tips
  • schmenge55
    schmenge55 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Like others I upload but rarely login. I'll try and login in more often. schmenge is my user name
  • KeithAngilly
    Options
    Just sent you a request. Did you know you can automatically import your Garmin runs into RunKeeper then sync that with myfitnesspal? It works seamlessly. I use my Garmin 610 for all my tracking. By syncing it across, my Data is stored in 2 locations, and it's automatically entered into myfitnesspal under exercise for me.

I tried this, but it imported the runkeeper calories over, instead of my garmin, which is much lower (and my sense is, more accurate). Is there a workaround for this?
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options

I tried this, but it imported the runkeeper calories over, instead of my garmin, which is much lower (and my sense is, more accurate). Is there a workaround for this?

I dont have the answer but am wondering the same thing. I use a TDEE model so would prefer not to sync calorie data at all
  • EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    Same user name as here, I use a FR410. Never really used the connect function but have just started taking note of it so add if you want to :)
  • derekj222
    derekj222 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    derekj222
  • PrairieRunner2015
    PrairieRunner2015 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I'm on Garmin connect prairierunner2015. Feel free to add.
  • CathOh
    CathOh Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Same user name as here: CathOh
    I haven't actually used my Garmin yet - I'm such a low-tech girl. But I will one of these days and would love to have friends on there when I start using it. I'd be happy for anyone to add me!