2-28-14

Options
daily thread

Replies

• mel521
    mel521 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I finished week 2 this morning! This is probably the longest I have stuck with a program so I'm proud of myself! Hope you all have a great day and I can't wait to hear from you all that complete week 2 today as well!
  • gretagirl2013
    Options
    Way to go, Melissa! I was just thinking last night that I tried this program several years ago, and I can't remember if I quit in the middle of week 2 or week 3 . . . I think it was 2!! I am so determined not to let that happen again, and you girls are keeping me going. Hope today goes well for everyone else as well!!
  • tracywintn
    Options
    Thanks for starting the daily thread and posting about finishing week 2....I am behind a day due to Wed, but I will do it today and Sat or Sun to catch up. I don't want to be a quitter.....well, I may WANT to be but I'm not going to LET myself be one!! Thanks for the encouragement
  • mel521
    Options
    Thanks, ladies! The only thing I've been consistent at is quitting, but I'm super determined this time! This group is helping me so much! Tracy, we're not letting you quit!
  • FocusKimFocus
    FocusKimFocus Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I haven't run yet today, but I think posting will help make it happen for me today. I had a very long day in the car yesterday (and through a heavy snowstorm at the end). I really, really wanted to go skiing this morning, but work wouldn't let that happen :-(

There shouldn't be an excuse for me this afternoon though. Thanks everyone for posting - I think it will really help me stick with this!
  • FocusKimFocus
    FocusKimFocus Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Curve ball! had to leave town unexpectedly, staying in a hotel tonight (and its still snowing). But there is a treadmill here and I did W3D3 - running on a treadmill for the first time in years. My 10-yr old is with me (and was impatient to get into the pool/hot tub), so I skipped most of the warm-up and cool down. Glad to get in all of the running though. Yay!!
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    Did W5 D1 today with a friend (friend who got me interested in running in the first place, she stopped d/t back issues but has been doing intervals on treadmill to try to get back into it). Told her what I'm doing and asked if she could do 3 and 5 min runs with me...she goes if I don't "run too fast" . LMAO at that one.

We did it and actually talked as we "ran". Both of us couldn't wait for the voice to say "start walking" but all in all it was a really good workout (not fun by any means, lol, but not bad). Was the first time I ran/walked w/o music.

Hoping weather on Sunday not too bad (we're due for rain/wind this weekend).
  • mel521
    Options
    Good going, Kim! Things rarely go as planned, but at least you still ran! Great job, airangel!
  • aprilh47
    aprilh47 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Did another personal best on Friday, Did week 3 over 3.18k (forgot to log). done week 3, 4 times now, and a few more to go to let my sister catch up.