Week One Topic: Eatting Foods Outside of Nutrisytem Plan

Options
I have been playing around a lot with eating 'other foods' and was wondering if there is a method to my madness. I am taking the time to read labels and yes it is adding like an hour to my grocery shopping trip! Since myfitnesspal folks aren't here specifically to lose weight not everyone is on a 'have to eat this diet' I was hoping for some advice or stories of trial and error on this topic.

Replies

• ssarabear
    ssarabear Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I do not understand your question. I believe with nutrisystem, as long as you stay within your calorie set you'll be fine. However, I would try for less processed/carby foods if you are going outside the system.
  • lovemyboys1976
    Options
    My question is has anyone gone off of the Nutri foods but kept with the plan. I don't like the food entirely and believe that with reading labels and knowing what portions to eat you can eat other foods or does that end up badly?
  • beccalynn528
    beccalynn528 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Joined nutrisystem in February 2014 and starting week 9, down 18 pounds but I have always liked the food tracking on myfitnesspal better. They have more of the restaurant foods and easier to search. I hadn't been on here for a while so decided to track food here and compare the calorie counts. One example, for a PF I like turkey sausage but it is not on the NS list of foods, but turkey pepperoni and turkey bacon is.
  • herodrummer
    herodrummer Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend using the bar code scanner as much as possible to check your nutritional daily and weekly goals. I have lost weigh using just MFP and now I am doing nutrisystem with MFP due to some weight gain. It seems to be really working so far. MFP really helps keep me on track on days I can't/don't eat Nutrisystem food. Look at past days and see what your habits are, then purchase food similar to the days that you had a satisfactory caloric intake. MOST of the food I eat now is not Nutrisystem but I feel like I am still on "The Plan". It is still difficult staying disciplined, I just try and remember that first belt loop down and how good it felt. I hope this helps.