Weekend Warriors Feb 28 - Mar 2

Options
KMasz
KMasz Posts: 2,661 Member
So this weekend I really do not have anything planned. I also feel like my goals are pretty much the same as last weekend's, but last weekend I completely failed. This weekend I hope to not fail (as much) lol

I was going to run at lunch today, but for stomach reasons (don't want to go all tmi on you) I decided a nice hilly walk would be better. I will lift after work today still =) So my goals for the weekend... drink at least 8 glasses of water each day... make smart food choices... only have 2 alcoholic beverages tonight and tomorrow... log everything i eat & drink... try to stay within my calorie goal... & to workout on Sunday! I like my idea of scoring my goals (I think I did that two weekends ago), this week I have a total of 6 points I am trying to acheive, bonus points possibe lol

Please share your weekend plans and what you're planning to stay on track... & Good Luck =)

Replies

• 1crvygrl
    1crvygrl Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Getting ready to head out for a workout then on two pick up two of my grandchildren, when I get back home 3 more will be coming over. I will be having 5 kids between 2 and 6 yrs old overnight. Don't know how long I'll have them tomorrow but I'll be busy and will be getting some exercise. Need to keep drinking the water and watching my food choices all weekend and get more workout in after they leave.
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    I face a Thai food lunch buffet tomorrow, other than that a standard weekend. I was living large tonight and dropped a scoop of vanilla ice cream in my chocolate protein smoothie. It hit the spot!

I found my "before" pictures that I had misplaced when I was transferring files to my new computer. OMG, how disgusting--no wonder I'm getting comments about the improvements. Truly motivating.
  • SallieBeige
    SallieBeige Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I found my "before" pictures that I had misplaced when I was transferring files to my new computer. OMG, how disgusting--no wonder I'm getting comments about the improvements. Truly motivating.

I confess, I feel like a stalker! ... I went to look at your pictures to see if any of these "before" pictures were there. There is one of a rounder face, which I assume is you .... if so magic work well done :flowerforyou: ... other than that ... feel free to share more! I find before and after photos marvellously motivating!
  • terriejones
    terriejones Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Yes, that's an amazing change Mule. I'm sure your wife and kids are very proud of you!!!

I left for Family Fun Night, with over 1,000 calories, and used every one and then some. I was 128 over for the day., Not too bad considering I ate 2 pcs. of pizza minus the big outer crust (no dipping sauce :grumble: ,2 dirt cups and the equivalent of a whole bag of popcorn. I didn't feel too good when I got home. I'm glad FFN only happens once a month. And I wish I could remember how yucky I felt last night, oh well!!!

The rest of the weekend should be ok, although I did go to Carl's this morning and have a sausage biscuit. 57 min. on the elliptical took care of that.

Hang in there!!! If you fall, pick yourself up, dust yourself off and get back at it!!!

SoCal is finally getting some much needed rain, including flooding and evacuations, so as the run off races down my street, I'll end by singing, "Catch a wave and you're sittin' on top of the world!!!"
  • kawookie
    kawookie Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I figured I'd stick my head in.

I am experiencing something new. Like Mulecanter, I am down 50 pounds and almost to Onederland. This is a 20% body weight change and now it is obvious to even the most unobservant. People that I don't know are stopping me and asking me what I am doing to lose weight because I am "disappearing".

The issue is now my family. My family wants me to spend time with them on Saturday nights but yesterday I didn't have a chance to work out with our errands and then our evening church service. I was very short on calories by dinnertime because I ate breakfast and lunch expecting a workout (therefore more calories than average). They had cake at my brother's but I neither had calories for cake or the time to go to their house if I wanted to work out. Everyone tried to talk me in to not worrying about it because my body would "sloff off the extra calories". They also told me I was too tired to work out (everyone can always tell if I am tired or sick -- grr) and I shouldn't push myself. I came home and worked out anyway and sent my husband to eat the cake.

But seriously? What is up with family trying to get you to abandon your habits when they are working?
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I went to the gym both Saturday and Sunday... Yay me :D
  • KMasz
    Options
    Ugh, I did such a bad job this weekend calorie wise. I easily was about 3500 calories over for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday combined. BUT I did track all of my calories so now I have a more educated stance when attempting to correct myself next weeked. I know once the snow melts I will be more active on the weekends. This will be great because I realize that the main piece of the puzzle I am missing on the weekends is exercise.

I realized for my "scoring" system, each day should have it's own points, so instead of just 6 points, i'm aiming for 16 points. On Friday and Saturday, I drank at least 8 glasses of water, not so much on Sunday (+2); I don't think I can justify many smart food choices at all this weekend, definitely not the 3/4 pint of Ben & Jerry's last night (+0); I only had two drinks Friday night, only one Sunday night (I shouldn't have drank at all on Sunday), but three on Saturday night (+0); I did log everything I ate and drank all weekend (+3); I did not stay under my calorie limit a single day this weekend, or even close to it (-2, cuz it was soo bad); and I did not workout on Sunday (+0)... so my total score was a whopping +3... not very good. I am very happy about my water consumption and tracking, but need to control myself on all other fronts.

Good news is that today is another day, I don't need to dwell on this past weekend, but instead learn from it next weekend. Though as a bit of a "punishment" to myself, I am only going to eat back half of my exercise calories this week to try to mitigate the damage. I also have a new rule to not drink any alcohol Monday through Thursday. Have a great week everyone!
  • KMasz
    Options

I had that same reaction when I looked at old pictures of myself last week! But you've done a great job!! You're an inspiration to people like me! :drinker:

I went to the gym both Saturday and Sunday... Yay me :D

Yay you! Very nice dediation!! I need to absorb some of those habits myself!

But seriously? What is up with family trying to get you to abandon your habits when they are working?

To me, it just sounds like they wanted to hang out with you! I wouldn't take it as sabbotage or anything; you know how the saying goes "all work and no play..." lol. I feel like it can be really hard sometimes though to justify skipping workouts, especially if it's to put yourself in a tempting situation with cake. At the end of the day, you stuck to your guns and did what was right for you! That's very admirable, so kudos to you!
  • mulecanter
    Options

I confess, I feel like a stalker! ... I went to look at your pictures to see if any of these "before" pictures were there. There is one of a rounder face, which I assume is you .... if so magic work well done :flowerforyou: ... other than that ... feel free to share more! I find before and after photos marvellously motivating!

The "before" pictures I'm referring to are of me in running shorts only and not available on my profile--whatever the opposite of glamour shots is--this is that. I say they are for science. Anyway, I think they will come in handy for shock value in the before/after debut someday soon I hope.
  • mulecanter
    Options

Yep Kawookie, I can see that. If you push people out of their comfort zone (i.e. don't follow what they expect as routine) they will squawk. Once they learn that you are now someone who works out alot, they will get on board I believe--give them time. I notice that my kids are really flexible in this way--as I eat differently and spend more time on myself, they show interest and excitement in my successes and ask questions. They don't seem uncomfortable with anything. It would be great if adults were like that.