Options
likitisplit
likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
What are your March Goals?

Replies

• PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I know this isn't specifically related to Jantastic, but I'm having a really hard time determining my Jantastic goal for March.

The informational meeting for my HM training group is March 19 but I'm not entirely sure when we start running. Should probably find that out because that will impact how far/often I run.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    I have two races this month: the Germantown Half Marathon and the Bad Dog 5K.

The Bad Dog is my introduction race. It was the race I used last year as my C25K graduation, so definitely going to love to see how well I have improved.

My Janstastic goal is the same for last month in regards to days run (4), with my time goal of 02:20:00 for the HM. That is taking off 10 minutes for a new HM PR. My weekly long distance goals are as follows (in week order): 12, 13.1, 6, 10.

And then to do a better pick up after the HM.

I have learned that during non-training session, running 4 days a week is perfect. Then when I get into training for a race bump up for 5 days a week.

Also, go to water aerobics at least once a week. Preferably deep water, but I may have to settle for shallow water depending on work schedule.
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    I want to add a 4th running day per week starting next week. Other than that, just keep doing what I've been doing: only one speedwork session per week and all other runs are SLOW.

I'll complete the 3rd trail race of an 8-race series in March. It's just 2.5 miles and I want to at least place in my age group to maintain my series points lead. I have a half marathon on 3/23 (Publix) but will be running that as a training run.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    -active every day
    -coach jenny plan
    -jantastic 3x/4 mile LR
    -convict conditioning/Pilates cross training
    -gain 2 pounds
  • fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    Sorry, gave up on Jantastic. I am recording running on the x miles per month challenge. I thought the Jantastic web site was too cluttered...

Goals this month:
    --build up more miles
    --run at least 4 days per week
    --one long run per week of at least 6 miles
    --one long run of minimum 8 miles
    --Total Monthly goal of 75 miles minimum
    --NOT to get injured
    --do better with stretching after runs.

I have two 5K's that I am running this month and I am out of town 3/21 until 3/28 in Colorado. Never ran in cold before <live in Orlando> so that will be a challenge for me, both the elevation, the cold, AND the hills/mountains!!! :noway:
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    My March goal is to start my half training, whatever that may bring. :)
  • bttrthanevr
    bttrthanevr Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    My March goals:

-Be a great coach
    -Get serious about my HM training (i.e. Implement a plan other than just running farther each week. LOL!)
    -Somehow squeeze in some cross-training activities
    -Lose 2 more pounds
    -Run outdoors without Yak-traks and a balaclava (Mother Nature, please help me on this one!)
  • sandi117
    sandi117 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    ++Get through Weeks 4-7 of C210K (Week 4 Day 1 finished today, Week 7 Day 3 will be jogging 25 minutes straight... Which seems impossible right now.)
    ++Increase all weights for strength training by at least 5lbs
    ++Get my macros in check
    ++GET/STAY UNDER 170lbs!
  • btsinmd
    btsinmd Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    My March goals:
    -- Exercise 60 minutes for 5 days a week, 6 days if at all possible.
    Monday -- swim/water aerobics and either convict conditioning (pushups, squats, bridge) or the 1/2 hour "Fit and Tone" class during lunch at work
    Tuesday -- 1/2 hour run (stairs or hill work or treadmill intervals) and Convict Conditioning (pullups and leg lifts; maybe head stand)
    Wednesday -- Metabolic Conditioning class
    Thursday -- Nosework class every other week (not much exercise there) and swim/water aerobics on the off weeks; flyball class
    and convict conditioning (pushups, squats, bridge)
    Friday -- 45 to 60 minute run and Convict Conditioning (pullups and leg lifts; maybe head stand)
    Saturday -- Dog Events or swim/water aerobics or bike
    Sunday -- 60 to 90 minute run
    -- Lose a pound of weight and get to "normal" BMI for my height

There is what seems like a great class starting at work in mid-March:
    "RunSmart will guide you through a 30 minute cardio and strength circuit routine twice per week to build your endurance and
    reiterate how to train safely. Weekly emails with tips and challenges will also be included. Space is limited and groups will be assigned based on current fitness level. Program runs March 18 - April 10"

Oh, I so want to do this! I have been told that I'm to be reassigned to a different work campus (with no health center or fitness classes) very soon. The question I have is how soon is "very soon".
  • likitisplit
    Options
    One pound, btsinmd? A single pound? How fabulous!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I'm training for the BP MS 150 in April, so my goals are mostly bicycle related. I'm going to aim for 200 miles this month.

I really want to get back into the ride one day run the next routine! Hopefully the weather will cooperate!
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    RunFarLiveHappy Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Sorry, gave up on Jantastic. I am recording running on the x miles per month challenge. I thought the Jantastic web site was too cluttered...

Goals this month:
    --build up more miles
    --run at least 4 days per week
    --one long run per week of at least 6 miles
    --one long run of minimum 8 miles
    --Total Monthly goal of 75 miles minimum
    --NOT to get injured
    --do better with stretching after runs.

I have two 5K's that I am running this month and I am out of town 3/21 until 3/28 in Colorado. Never ran in cold before <live in Orlando> so that will be a challenge for me, both the elevation, the cold, AND the hills/mountains!!! :noway:

I live in CO! Let me know if you need any tips or a running buddy!
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    RunFarLiveHappy Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    1-Stay healthy
    2-Not get sick
    3-Stay healthy
    4-Not get sick
    5-Stay healthy
    6-Not get sick
    7-Stay positive & optimistic about Spring coming before May this year (to aid 1-6)
    8-Run on my treadmill instead of outside when it makes sense (to aid 1-6)
    9-Continue to train for back to back halfs (04/06 and 04/13)
    10-Train for 20-miler (04/26)
    11-Run 160 miles
    12-Resistance training every day (even if it's just 5 push-ups)
    13-Play 60 with B every day
    14-Track everything
    15-Not focus on the scale
  • romyhorse
    romyhorse Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Haven't got any running goals at the moment, just to basically run without injury, distance isn't important this month.

Also want to lose the 2lb I've been trying to lose since December! Lost the 4lb I put on over the holidays in February so the scale is going in the right direction. And I want to complete the recovery week and the first 2 weeks of month 2 of Insanity. But this (and the running) are dependent on my hip and knees. Who would have thought 1 run could cause so many problems.
  • btsinmd
    btsinmd Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    My March goals:

"RunSmart will guide you through a 30 minute cardio and strength circuit routine twice per week to build your endurance and
    reiterate how to train safely. Weekly emails with tips and challenges will also be included. Space is limited and groups will be assigned based on current fitness level. Program runs March 18 - April 10"

Oh, I so want to do this! I have been told that I'm to be reassigned to a different work campus (with no health center or fitness classes) very soon. The question I have is how soon is "very soon".

So, I think that I have gotten in 60 minutes of exercise 6 days a week, if I allow dog events to count -- DONE

Haven't done as much or as structured Convict Conditioning as I wanted to, but:
    - it did make me more aware of my form -- MY PUSHUPS AND SQUATS HAVE BETTER FORM
    - and started me on some exercises I wasn't doing -- NOW DOING modified PULLUPS TWICE A WEEK and working on leg lifts
    - not doing bridges regularly or head/hand stands at all yet

Joined RunSmart and have attended 2 weeks and have 2 weeks yet to go.
    Signed up for personal training at my local fitness studio which starts next week.

LOST 2 pounds and am now within the normal BMI range for my height.

I think it was a successful month. Now on to April!
  • likitisplit
    Options
    My March goals:

So, I think that I have gotten in 60 minutes of exercise 6 days a week, if I allow dog events to count -- DONE

Haven't done as much or as structured Convict Conditioning as I wanted to, but:
    - it did make me more aware of my form -- MY PUSHUPS AND SQUATS HAVE BETTER FORM
    - and started me on some exercises I wasn't doing -- NOW DOING modified PULLUPS TWICE A WEEK and working on leg lifts
    - not doing bridges regularly or head/hand stands at all yet

Joined RunSmart and have attended 2 weeks and have 2 weeks yet to go.
    Signed up for personal training at my local fitness studio which starts next week.

LOST 2 pounds and am now within the normal BMI range for my height.

I think it was a successful month. Now on to April!

Sounds like March was filled with awesomeness to me!
  • likitisplit
    Options
    -active every day check
    -coach jenny plan I started it but I think I'm just going to start running for time until June
    -jantastic 3x/4 mile LR Yep
    -convict conditioning/Pilates cross training Done
    -gain 2 pounds yep, and not feeling really good about it at the moment. I've gotten hungrier and have been over my calories for the last three days.
  • timeasterday
    Options
    I want to add a 4th running day per week starting next week. Other than that, just keep doing what I've been doing: only one speedwork session per week and all other runs are SLOW.

I'll complete the 3rd trail race of an 8-race series in March. It's just 2.5 miles and I want to at least place in my age group to maintain my series points lead. I have a half marathon on 3/23 (Publix) but will be running that as a training run.

I added the 4th running day for most of March. My schedule got messed up one week so I only managed 3 runs for that week.

I ran the trail race and placed 3rd overall, even better than an age group award!

I ran the half marathon at a very disciplined pace and felt great afterwards.
  • timeasterday
    Options
    Over in the F&E section there's a March Running Challenge thread. I had set my March goal at 85 miles. As of last night I am at 84 miles. Sunday is a 7-mile long run so that will put me at 91 miles for the month. That's just one mile short of my all-time highest month which was January.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    Over in the F&E section there's a March Running Challenge thread. I had set my March goal at 85 miles. As of last night I am at 84 miles. Sunday is a 7-mile long run so that will put me at 91 miles for the month. That's just one mile short of my all-time highest month which was January.

tumblr_n1jyoqpC9h1soqgbqo1_400.gif