Food & 30DS (How they work hand in hand)

Options
Finayoung
Finayoung Posts: 38 Member
If I'm honest with myself, I gotta admit that the most confusing thing to the healthy lifestyle change is the balance between calorie intake and exercise. How many calories in a day do I consume if I'm doing 30 day shred? How do I break up those calories so that I'm not starving throughout the day? Can I really gain a pound if I go 200 above my suggested calorie intake ? Ha. These are just a few questions constantly going through my mind. I refuse to hop on the scale every single day because inches is better than pounds so I just keep on doing what I'm doing hoping I'll see results. Right now 30 day shred is my only workout and will probably stay that way until I am comfortable, How do you guys accommodate that with the amount of calories you consume and what scheduling system works for you? (Whether its eating every 2 to 3 hours etc)

Can't wait to hear your response!

Replies

• ChelleSimmo7
    ChelleSimmo7 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I do 30ds and then right after I go run for 15 mins, bike for 5, do the elliptical for 10, and to finish I climb the 5 flights of stairs back up to my apartment (yes I count this, trust me its a work out all in and of itself lol). I let myself eat about every 4 hours this is my day: wake up and have breakfast, 4 hours later I have a snack (usually a nature valley honey and oats bar), 4 more hours is dinner (I try to time this to be almost right after my work out because I get SO hungry after I run), and then 4 hours later I have another snack which usually consists of peanut butter and crackers (trying to get in more protein). I am currently in the process of making some adjustments food-wise though. Im in med school so cant really afford food.....Iv survived days by just eating crackers (the life of a college kid lol) but im getting help from my boyfriend and his mom to plan out weekly shopping trips. I love working out so much that's not even a problem for me, its the nutrition aspect that I cant keep up with which in all honesty, is the central core of weight loss.