how do you really know?

lin7604
lin7604 Posts: 2,951 Member
so as some of you may know i am doing the lean phase in x3. I gained 4 lbs over new years and hoped it woudl of came off before i started x3 2 weeks later. Well it didn't, and i have kept it on .....it's been almost 2 months and can't get it off. So since i haven't lost weight on x3 yet and all my measurements are the same, do you think that some might be muscle? will one gain muscle on the lean phase? I know if i was doing classic i would believe it but lean? not sure why else i wouldn't be able to take these 4 lbs off? it takes me over my max comfort zone for weight...

Replies

• lin7604
    well did my 30 day pics and had NO results!!!! so i am re starting and doing classic
  • katyanne15
    katyanne15 Posts: 92 Member
    Sorry to here your frustrated. I know that with a lot of new exercises, especially strength based one like p90x you will gain lean muscle. You will also be putting on water as your muscles will be taking in fluids to help with recovery and keep from injury.

I hadn't lost weight either but was getting stronger and felt noticeably more defined. I am now up to 4 chin ups. I know diet and nutrition plays a big part in it. are you eating enough??? I know you might not like it but eating more, especially protein will tell your body it is getting fed properly and sufficiently and won't get the fat storage anymore that it can hold onto when it thinks you a re starving it. Seems you are in a plateau and need a change. your body has gotten used your this level of activity and diet. so id suggest a 3 day shakeology cleanse after a few days of eating well above your usually calorie intake. you need to shock the body to wake up.
  • lin7604
    well i started p90x3 right after i did clx and a t25 hybird, so i wouldn't think my muscles woudl retain much fluid. I get that i may still a bit but it should of come off by now, it's been 5 weeks...

i am eating enough, as i am following the 1500 cal guideline in the book. I ate 16-1700 on clx and on t25 i ate 14-1500. I stopped logging ( but not exercising) in the fall from sept -dec and maintained my weight so i know i can't eat more then 1800 or i gain. Right now i am eating 1300 base and then my exercise cals, which equals the same to 1500. i don't seem to ever eat under 1500, i just am too hungry and i love my food! I do know i don't get enough water in and protein which i am working on and some days are higher in carbs which i am also working on lowering. i find that extremely hard as the other day my max was 140 carbs and between yogurt, cheese, fruit and veggies i was at 132... that was with no start or anything...
    I gained these 4 lbs on vacation over new years and have worked hard trying to take them off but nothing! I started a new program x3 in hopes that my body needed to chnage as it got used to t25 and clx but it still hasn't seemed t make a difference....

I can't do a shakeology cleanse at all!!!! i did one before christmas to get ready for my beach vacation at new years and i felt good doing it but on day 3 in the am, i passed out and fell and hit my head. I will never do one again! not sure what went wrong, if the cals were not enough, certain vitamins, etc i needed and wasn't getting or what but my dr said NEVER do to do a cleanse, as our body do that on their own and we do not need to do them. There is no scientific evidence that cleanses do any good for us... etc.... so i am taking his advice and never doing one again!
  • katyanne15
    katyanne15 Posts: 92 Member
    seems your on a plate. your body has gotten used to this level of exercise and diet. I have been the same. about 170 since november. even though I have switched different workouts. Im sure I am in a negative when it comes to food calories in vs. out. I have been slowly upping my calories...and haven't gained any weight.

Now I started 21 day fix last monday. back down to my lowest weight after 5 days. started at 170 (got to 167 the week before with shakeology cleanse) now I am 166. Food is such a big part of your weight...especially when we are down to the last few pounds.

you are getting a decent calorie range...now you just need to focus on dense nutrition in those calories. I am eating so so so much veggies and fruit right now. 3 servings of fruit, 4 servings of veggies, 4 servings of protein, and 2-3 servings of carbs (other than fruit..like brown rice and sweet potatoes) very very clean! hopping I can get to my goal...if not, I give up :) haha jk
  • lin7604
    i find when i do things that are short fixed like a cleanse etc, that is just it's it s a short fix.. i always gain it back fast! i did a shakeo cleanse after x-mas got to my goal weight but put it right back on ever though i was being super careful and healthy plus more. my body doesn't like quick fixes like that, at least i know that! it's always been that way every time i have ever tried to do something like that!

i know i have to be super careful when trying to get those last few lbs off when i am so close to my goal but i never can seem to figure out if i am eating too much or not enough and that is what is stalling me?????

i am ready to give up,lol i have tried so hard ot get my vacation weight off for 3 months now and can't budge, i get 1-2 lbs off then right back up.